News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Song Pages

Started by sophist, June 09, 2006, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Did we ever decide on a format for the song pages?

more importantly, how do i properly create a song page?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Here's the preliminary look, I think it's pretty good, I don't know what else.  In the notes to the right is where stuff like extreme lengths and notable notes about the version go contained whatever teases.

To make a page for a song, go to the code for this one and copy it, paste it in your new page and edit

http://wiki.week4paug.net/index.php/First_Tube

You can get to a new page by going to the setlists page and clicking on a song.  It'll bring you to a new page...  (I started with First Tube because it was the first song on May 15, 2000.  Farmhouse is next.)  But do whatever song you want that's in a setlist on the 2000 page.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

susep

Just taking a peek around but everything looks outstanding  :-D

jephrey

Might take you a bit to get used to the coding, but we can help if you can't figure it out.  Worst case is to learn by copy/paste/modify.  There's a link on the top page to mediawiki help/faq so check that out.  Feel free to go ahead and even start a page called sandbox if you want.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

alright I did some work on the farmhouse page.  I'll finish it up tomorrow, I gotta get to bed.  I didnt put any notes in yet, I just did part of the details.  Let me know what you think.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

I fixed some typos, but otherwise good.  I know you said you weren't finished with the notes, but just in case, remember that links to dates are in the format [[Month D, YYYY]] or if you want to pipe it and display YYYY-MM-DD, that's cool too.  I changed those also.  I don't think we need to say in there when it was first and last played as it's right in the chart.  If we did, I'd want that for everything.  If we do have that as a quick note at the top, I think it should be in the song notes section.

Actually, I'd like a "jammed before played" stat for songs.  There are plenty of songs that were created out of a certain jam.  I thought I heard something like meatstick at the went, well before it was first played...  But I'm sure there's a lot of those out there.  And I could be totally off with that one.

Jephrey

sophist

thanks for making the corrections  :-)

PhishJY

Just out of curiosity, was there any plans to post lyrics to any of the songs?
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

disco

^^Is there a definitive source for lyrics? I would be down, can't see how they'd hurt anything. I'm sure there are tons of people out there saying, "What did they just say?"
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

jephrey

I think that might be a great idea to put as a section on the song page since there's no difinitive source (I think).  However, another idea is to put a link to the guitar/bass tablature for the song.  There's a wiki
Quotehttp://www.emilstabs.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
that has everything so for stuff that has a resource (like this or the database showing sources available), we should provide the link.

Check out first tube and farmhouse.  I have a comment on that too.  I don't think the text should have anything about the first and last show as they're in the table.  I'll write up Farmhouse right now.

sophist

Perhaps I'm being stupid, does a quicker way exist to enter the song history?  I copy and paste the format and then change the details to the correct dates, set position, and LTP, plus songs occuring before and after. 

jephrey

Not really.  It's tedious, but if you get into a groove it's not bad.  I use the Pharmer's, and then once the year pages are done, you can do a "Find" and see all the occurrances and check them against what you got.  The Pharmers isn't always accurate and doesn't always have interviews and such.  Anyhow, if you do a few and get a good method, put instructions on the instructions page as I did for the details page.

J

disco

I use my companion and just slide it under the monitor a bit, I agree with Jeph, though, the groove helps, sometimes it can a little tough to get to with these

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Marmar

Why not take advantage of the ZZYZX site and use the "every time played" function?.......it's the same basic format.....why waste all your time going through books when you can just have it pop up for each and every song..........

just a thought....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

sophist

sounds like you just volunteered  :wink: to do that