News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 12.2.1999

Started by Alumni, August 07, 2006, 07:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumni

Cause I got a degree

susep

nice one>this tour started right around "crunch time" at my school but the new music was like early xmas presents :-D

jedifunk

possibly the best tour opener ever! (7/21/97 is up there too)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Alumni

Re: the upcoming 2000 gin: 6.28.00 has been seeded 3x since, like, April. Shoreline 00 is in wide circulation. Don't want to seed either right now for the 2000 gin. Radio City wasn't seeded long ago either. Kind of choosing between 9.17 Merriweather and 6.10 Tokyo. I love that Tokyo gin, but the recording isn't up to Flaschner's usual excellence. Maybe it was the room/equipment. So (imo) it's a great-sounding, really solid 9.17 versus a sweet, relatively uncommon, but average sounding 6.10.

decisions, decisions
Cause I got a degree

jedifunk

as an overall show goes, 9/17 is vastly superior to 6/10, IMO... i am partial to 9/17 since it was my 150th, but that 2nd set frickin rules!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Alumni

Yeah . . . my gut's saying 9.17 is the right choice. 1st set on my fileset is over 1:42 :-o, and second set is real fluid, with a 14min mango. And, really, how can a set with a mango-thon not be a happy one?  :wink:

I still think the Tokyo gin's a qualifier. It reminds me of the went gin, except if anything a bit cleaner, with a similar popish vibe. It's also Dead-like: the crescendo guitar hose right around 12:00 is almost like a miniature 'Morning Dew'. The best take on Gin in 2000? Probably not. But it's an interesting one. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the $.02 

Cause I got a degree

jedifunk

speaking of a wentian gin... i had to replay the 6/23/00 gin 3 times last night on a nice drive around lake of the isles.... on the way to a surprise picnic with the family.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mikerobe

I hate to chime in on a pseudo-request note.  I have been waiting to ask for a seed on the 6-10 show.  'Tis me birthday (6-10), and the shows from Japan 2000 have always been some of my fav.s.  So, if possible, I would lo-o-ove that Tokyo show.  Have I missed it at etree?  I've looked.

Sorry for ze grovel...

jedifunk

then i say 6/10/00!  i could always seed 9/17 seperately
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Alumni

OK, then. Works for me. 6.10.00 it will be.

Jedi, I was just going to switch the shows' places in line, and keep 9.17.00 for the next pass at 2000 (I'd planned on cycling through 2-3 times). If you'd like to serve it up sooner . . . of course, that's cool. There's a good amount of 'gin' material from 200 to work with, anyway :) 
Cause I got a degree

Alumni

Quote from: mikerobe on August 07, 2006, 11:06:08 AM
Have I missed it at etree?  I've looked.
Sorry for ze grovel...
No worries. I won't have reliable internet acces next week (I'm moving), so I was going to do next week's "gin" seed later this week, anyway. Since I have both filesets anyway, and was going back and forth between them, I'd deserve this  :samurai: if I kept someone (who just helped me with the cypress torrent) waiting who had a strong preference for one of them.

edit:
An etree search shows 6.10.00 was only seeded twice in recent memory. 5/05 and 1/06. It was due anyway. 9.17.00 was seeded twice in 3/06. So next time I get to 2000, it'll be due for its turn. I'm easy - works for me :)
Cause I got a degree

mikerobe

Super sweet.  I'm thinkin I finally want to use...

:banana:

Thanks again.