News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Michael Clayton, very well done even though it did end rather abruptly. 

Clooney is one of those actors that makes it look so effortless to really inhabit the world of his characters.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WillBreathes

tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

alcoholandcoffeebeans

BIRD

clint eastwood, directed...
forest whitaker starred...

good movie about charlie parker...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Horton Hears A Who

Yeah, I have kids... It was not bad; considering.

thechad

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on March 26, 2008, 04:08:53 PM
BIRD

LOVE that movie, unfortunately I lost my VHS copy and I haven't seen it for quite some time.  Totally going to put that at the top of my Netflix queue.  Thanks for reminding me about that one Mandi!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Igbo

If you like Bird, watch Round Midnight with Dexter Gordon. Also, very good.

Igbo

Last night watched Bittersweet Motel and Shoot Em' Up.

Havent watched Bittersweet Motel in years. Enjoyed it, but i still think it is way too Trey heavy. But nice to look back. The scene in the shop with Trey bartering for the gun is classic. "11,000 mutherfucker!"

Shoot Em Up' sucks! Clive Owen should be ashamed. But Monica Belluci is a piece o' ass.

antelope19

Last week I watched Oceans 12, last night I watched Oceans 13.  I enjoyed Oceans 13 more.  We really enjoyed it last night. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

willsteele

Agreed...Shootem Up blows.  I dig the Oceans movies.

Last night I watched most of The Assasination of Jesse James.  What a piece of crap.  Its one of those movies that makes me feel like a sucker for wasting my money.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: thechad on March 27, 2008, 02:12:12 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on March 26, 2008, 04:08:53 PM
BIRD

LOVE that movie, unfortunately I lost my VHS copy and I haven't seen it for quite some time.  Totally going to put that at the top of my Netflix queue.  Thanks for reminding me about that one Mandi!

not a problem, yo! :)

Quote from: Igbo on March 27, 2008, 09:11:24 AM
If you like Bird, watch Round Midnight with Dexter Gordon. Also, very good.

will do... thanks for the suggestion :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sls.stormyrider

yea, I actually liked Round Midnight better.
There's one I want to rent about the making of a famous photo with all the "jazz gods" at the time. I forget the name. Anyone know what I'm talking about / see it?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Igbo

Quote from: slslbs on March 27, 2008, 04:28:43 PM
yea, I actually liked Round Midnight better.
There's one I want to rent about the making of a famous photo with all the "jazz gods" at the time. I forget the name. Anyone know what I'm talking about / see it?

A Great Day in Harlem. Very good flick

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Igbo

Word.

There is about every famous jazz musician of the time in that pic. Dizzy is standing in the corner sticking his tongue out. Classic

sunrisevt

...and Monk showed up hours late and wearing a WHITE suit. Pissed everyone off, I've heard.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.