News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All "high 5" and "underdogs"

Started by jedifunk, August 20, 2006, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

ok everyone, give me your top 5 from 1999....

and also your 5 underdogs....

and if you have any really favorite jams, those as well please...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I'm replying without checking if you asked the masses too.  I assume you did.

Obviously 99-09-14 Bag, and the rest of set 2.  Gumbo with Another One Bites the Dust was phenom!  Do we keep 12/30 and 12/31 out of contention and give it its own page?  That's a good question, but there were some real highlights musically those nights.  I'm not good at these so maybe I'm stating the obvious. 

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Big Cypress must be included, though it will still have its own page, as will all the festivals.  No reason to exclude it simply for the reason that a lot of it was sooooo good!   :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

no, i'm not going to go through the trouble of asking the masses... there are more than enough peeps in the wiki to do this... at first i was just gonna be my own boss, but in the earlier years, i'll need help, so i'm going to solicit help for all years..
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

again, this is about us picking a "top 5" so yes, cypress will be included and will be at the top of the list.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fauxpaxfauxreal

While 12/16/99 is definitely in my top five of 99....I don't think all will agree...so it's my number one underdog.

jedifunk

come on!  i need more than one or two picks... gimme 5 of each!

and i think 12/16 might make the underdogs
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

my personal (in no order)

7-13
7-15
7-25
7-31
9-28

UDawggs...

9-22
10-2
12-15

a

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Ok, so i've changed this... i realized that i'll be moving faster than anticipated with this stuff....

SOOOO, i want to get out in front on all this voting crap...

so please take the time to post your "high 5" & "5 underdogs" for EVERY YEAR so that i can just take that info and run with it... thank you.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

1998 top 5 shows:
Lemonwheel Day 2
Lemonwheel Day 1
4/3/98
11/2/98
7/2/98

1998 top 5 underdogs:
8/8/98
7/25/98
11/14/98
11/25/98
12/29/98

-Phish

jedifunk

sweet!  keep em coming... i need input for ALL YEARS, but starting with the later years is good since thats the direction i'll be heading... starting with 2000
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

It's hard to call 12/29/98 an underdog isn't it?

For '99 underdogs I'd put 12/2, 12/3 and 12/4 and 7/23

tet

Quote from: mattstick on August 21, 2006, 07:28:29 PM
It's hard to call 12/29/98 an underdog isn't it?

well, considering there are really 10 shows that belong in the top 5 of 98, i had to make a compromise.  plus, i was there :P
-Phish