News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Superfreakie

Another Hendrix boot has been freed and is now up at LL. I believe you've all heard this show (LA Forum 4-26-69) as the 4th disc of the Lifelines release has a few of the tracks or another source that did the rounds, or at minimum the official release from the night before or after (can't remember which, too tired to google). This is a different/more complete source and has not been seeded before. YOU NEED THIS:

A++ Sound

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=39cb3041f366c440304d5df2e848f123740fd3c9

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

cactusfan

Quote from: zimbra on January 21, 2011, 08:14:08 PM
Quote from: slslbs on January 21, 2011, 07:41:17 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMCSGV7G

Thank you sir!

rock.

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 24, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
Another Hendrix boot has been freed and is now up at LL. I believe you've all heard this show (LA Forum 4-26-69) as the 4th disc of the Lifelines release has a few of the tracks or another source that did the rounds, or at minimum the official release from the night before or after (can't remember which, too tired to google). This is a different/more complete source and has not been seeded before. YOU NEED THIS:

A++ Sound

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=39cb3041f366c440304d5df2e848f123740fd3c9

were this likewise to appear in this thread, there would be much rejoicing.

and for the record, the night after, at oakland coliseum, is the other show to which you refer.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

thanks for the heads up
d/l now
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: slslbs on January 24, 2011, 08:16:25 PM
thanks for the heads up
d/l now

I'm upping it to mega for Zimbra and others now. I have the box set and have heard pieces of this show before but not the near entirety. The sound is truly A+ SBD. Awesome boot!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

zimbra

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 24, 2011, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: slslbs on January 24, 2011, 08:16:25 PM
thanks for the heads up
d/l now

I'm upping it to mega for Zimbra and others now. I have the box set and have heard pieces of this show before but not the near entirety. The sound is truly A+ SBD. Awesome boot!!

Thanks so much guys.  Very appreciated.
- Trey Anastasio

willsteele

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 24, 2011, 07:44:58 PM
hmmmm. this is a different one dildos.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

In any case... thanks!  More Jimi is always awesome.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

susep

And to conclude, you may of heard some of the tracks if you purchased the Lifelines: The Jimi Hendrix Story Box set. The fourth disc was culled from the performance OF THIS SOURCE.

indeed, my first Jimi box was Lifelines, my high school gf bought it for me back in the day on cassette.  I love the '69 LA Forum concert, the '70 Cry of Love is preety hot too.  Interesting little side story about this show(26April1969), 24May1969 and 24Feb.1969(Royal Albert Hall).  According to my Hendrix book Sessions by John McDermott, Eddie Kramer was hired and dispatched to Los Angeles in June 1969 to begin preparing live mixes of the 3 aftermentioned shows for a potential live album.  For whatever reason Jefferies/Hendrix et al. decided not to release a Live Hendrix album but instead decided to release the compilation album Smash Hits.  The Star Spangled Banner > Purple Haze from 26April, the original Eddie Kramer mixes from those June '69 mix sessions are on the recent Hendrix box West Coast Seattle Boy.   

cactusfan

hmmmm. this is a different one dildos. Did you not realize I was the one that posted the last source that was upped at LL the one that Steve THEN upped to mega and posted here. MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ A COUPLE PAGES BACK.....BEFORE YOU JUMP. And Cactus, you're welcome that I originally brought the first source that Steve posted to your attention.

And to conclude, you may of heard some of the tracks if you purchased the Lifelines: The Jimi Hendrix Story Box set. The fourth disc was culled from the performance OF THIS SOURCE.

i don't know what your problem with me is. you put up a link to a show on a site i don't have a membership to, and i said it would be nice if someone posted it here. where's the problem?

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for upping all this stuff SLS and SF  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

zimbra

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 25, 2011, 08:04:22 AM
Thanks for upping all this stuff SLS and SF  :beers:

Yes, thank you guys!
- Trey Anastasio

Superfreakie

Quote from: cactusfan on January 25, 2011, 03:02:39 AM
i don't know what your problem with me is. you put up a link to a show on a site i don't have a membership to, and i said it would be nice if someone posted it here. where's the problem?

Sorry Cactus, I misread your post. I thought you were pointing out I was posting a double notice. And then was confused cause I thought you were aware some links would follow. This second show had just gone up on the site and no one had completed their downloads yet. But here it is in all it's glory. Sorry about my confusion, my bad. Enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S6WJPB3Z

rowjimmy

* rowjimmy passes out valiums and doses

zimbra

- Trey Anastasio