News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops

Started by ucusty, November 13, 2006, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

Duke and IU both on espn2 tonight.

duke killed ga southern no surprise there.

guyforget

How does a crazy pothead phish freak like you end up with the most conservative whitebread sports taste?  Notre Dame and Duke?  I think Im gonna puke! 

I was born in Charlotte with UNC Blue in my veins.  We're shooting for our second title in 3 years. Our first test comes 3 games in when #4 Ohio State comes to the Dean Dome.  Season finale vs. Duke to finish the season at home. 

Duke Senior Night @ Cameron last season = Serious Ownage

Expect more of the same.
-AD_

ucusty

Quote from: guyforget on November 13, 2006, 10:49:04 PM
How does a crazy pothead phish freak like you end up with the most conservative whitebread sports taste?  Notre Dame and Duke?  I think Im gonna puke! 

I was born in Charlotte with UNC Blue in my veins.  We're shooting for our second title in 3 years. Our first test comes 3 games in when #4 Ohio State comes to the Dean Dome.  Season finale vs. Duke to finish the season at home. 

Duke Senior Night @ Cameron last season = Serious Ownage

Expect more of the same.

ok lets see...  I was born and raised in south bend, in.  My dad graduated from IU we moved from south bend to NC and i picked duke in 1984 or so as my NC area team. mainly because coach k was an understudy of bob knight.  I also like FSU thats not so conservative is it?

guyforget

Wow, add Indiana to the list too?!? 

If its where youre from, its where your from; cant fault ya for that.

But holy shit we like the opposite teams in almost everything.  ND and WVU dont have great history dating back to '88 Nat'l Championship.

I dont know how you can like Duke and FSU, because any ACC basketball fan isnt allowed to like 2 ACC teams.  Thats like blasphemous in itself. 

Should be a fun year.
-AD_

ucusty

did I forget to mention I pull for NCSU too  :-D

ucusty

grewich

IU...

IU...

IU...

seriously though its just between Ohio St. (Greg Oden) & Florida (their entire team came back)
in your face

ucusty

Quote from: grewich on November 13, 2006, 11:30:27 PM
IU...

IU...

IU...

seriously though its just between Ohio St. (Greg Oden) & Florida (their entire team came back)

maybe so maybe not...
anything can happen in the tournament

guyforget

Quote from: grewich on November 13, 2006, 11:30:27 PM
IU...

IU...

IU...

Pfffft, UNC isnt pre-season #2 for nothing. 

Oden is a great recruit, and hes not OSU's only top freshman; dont forget about Daequan Cook.  However, OSU lost 4 starters that accounted for more than 60% of their scoring last season. 

UNC, on the other hand, returns a young roster that matured greatly last season.  A roster that took out Duke on their Senior Night at home.  A roster that made a great run in the tourney to lose to George Mason.  Dissappointing for UNC afficianados, but promising from such a young team.  Then there are UNC's freshmen this year.  Wayne Ellington, ranked #1 shooting guard by rivals.com.  Tywon Lawson; ranked #2 in point guards by rivals.com, and is said to be ready to start for the Heels tonight as a freshman.  Roy Williams calls him one of the best hes ever seen.  Then we have Brandan Wright; the #1 ranked Power Forward by rivals.com.   Not enough?  Well, we also got Alex Stepheson, ranked in the top 10 power forwards by rivals.com, William Graves, 26th ranked small forward by rivals.com, and Deon Thompson 19th ranked power forward. 

Thats 2 #1 recruits,  1 #2 recruit, and 1 more in the top 10 of his position. Also, 2 more in the top 25/26 of their position.  All of this on top of a very young and determined roster that basically shocked the country last season as a bunch of Freshmen, 2 years removed from a National Championship...   I think you better revise your statement that its only UF and OSU this season.

Catch the Heels opening their season at home vs. Sacred Heart tonight on ESPNU.
-AD_

susep

Watch out for UMaine out of the America East :mrgreen:

Actually UM's hockey team will most likely end up in the frozen 4 :-P

ucusty

duke did lose on senior night to unc  :x  :frustrated: but they did win at the fiend dome

jedifunk

IU is my team... don't ask (it has to do with isiah thomas)....

but i dont root for anyone in college BB really... its just too much fun to choose sides...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

IU looked impressive last night against some nobody, late in the first half going on a 30-3 point run
:clap:

gimmetela

Carolina BABY!  Man they looked great last night!  I think we can do it again this year.  :clap:

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on November 14, 2006, 02:59:43 PM
IU looked impressive last night against some nobody, late in the first half going on a 30-3 point run
:clap:

Impressive loss, I agree. 

I hate Bob Knight and thus IU and Texas Tech.  Fuck 'em.
-AD_