News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL recap

Started by susep, November 19, 2006, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Cheers to the Cowboys for ending the Colts streak.   :beers:

QuoteCowboys kicker Mike Vanderjagt, who spent the previous eight seasons with the Colts, missed two field goal attempts in the first half, including a 46-yarder at the end of the second quarter.

This guy's luck or skill is becoming questionable.  One of the hottest chicks I met in Florida worked at his bar on Marco Island, FL.

cleech74

And the Ravens are 8-2.  B-More represent! :beers:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

ucusty

Quote from: susep73 on November 19, 2006, 10:27:55 PM
Cheers to the Cowboys for ending the Colts streak.   :beers:

This guy's luck or skill is becoming questionable.  One of the hottest chicks I met in Florida worked at his bar on Marco Island, FL.

grewich

why you gotta hate on the colts?...  :cry:

(posted from indianapolis)
in your face

susep

Quote from: grewich on November 21, 2006, 10:20:05 PM
why you gotta hate on the colts?...  :cry:

(posted from indianapolis)

not really a Colts hater but rather inquisitor>last winter, after discovering Vanderjacts bar/restaraunt on Marco Island, FL. and then watching him choke in the moment of his life in the AFC final was kind of surreal.  Obviously his bar is the football mecca on the island so it was weird to see the hometown hero choke. 

there were more Steeler fans at Vandy's then Colts because 75% of the residents are from the NE. :wink:

susep

Although the leagues highest career % leader, the Cowboys cut Vanderjact :samurai: 

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: cleech74 on November 19, 2006, 10:33:57 PM
And the Ravens are 8-2.  B-More represent! :beers:

8-3 now thanks to them bangels
I owe Aug $20

tet

question:  if the Giants beat the Cowboys this weekend but still happen to finish 8-8, do they still make the playoffs?  looking at the rest of the NFC, i'd have to say yes...

thoughts?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Casey Lenahan

Yea, but im shocked they are doing as bad as they are. The Giants i thought at the begining of the season would woop ass, but i guess not. If Manning starts off strong for the rest of the season i can see them going to the playoffs but not going far. Also the NFC is in rough shape i dont think they have a chance in hell to beat any AFC team that makes it to the super bowl.
I owe Aug $20

tet

true, but if they get healthy, ya never know.  a lot of talent on the team...  plus, once you're in the playoffs, everyone is 0-0.  i almost hope we don't have home field advantage, because god knows what happens when we do...
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

i'm not gonna worry about that until after Sunday's game.

Quotei dunno about you, but I have learned the hard way not to get excited about a baseball team in the spring and a hockey team in the fall.

have to add don't get excited about the Giants in October to that list.
Hope they can turn it around :|
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: tet on December 02, 2006, 12:16:31 AM
question:  if the Giants beat the Cowboys this weekend but still happen to finish 8-8, do they still make the playoffs?  looking at the rest of the NFC, i'd have to say yes...

thoughts?

NFC East> remember the '80 + 90's? :-D

bacchist

Quote from: tet on December 02, 2006, 12:16:31 AM

thoughts?

no way is an 8-8 team making the playoffs
Rebuilding...

tet

Quote from: bacchist on December 02, 2006, 09:48:08 AM
no way is an 8-8 team making the playoffs
well, think of it this way, the Giants are 6-5.  they've got 3 remaining games against in-division opponents: Cowboys this weekend, Eagles next, and Redskins in week 17.  they win 2 of 3 of those and there are the 8 wins, and right now they are 3-0 in the division - beating the Cowboys tomorrow would give them sole posession of 1st place since they would have now beaten them twice, and a significant lead over at least Philly and Washington.  Philly isn't exactly in a position to challenge the Giants, but I am nervous that they will play up the rematch after what happened the 2nd week of the season.  Then G-men play Carolina and New Orleans, 2 teams that are going to be fighting HARD for a playoff spot -- but two out of the division teams.  So, let's say Giants lose both of those.  That still leaves final game of the year against Washington, a pretty weak team.  Giants then win the division, and it's beyond plausible that they are 8-8 at that point.  Hell, I even consider it likely!
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

stranger things have happened. the 73 Mets went to the WS as division leader (no wild card then) 5 games over .500
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."