News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

domain changes - look out for errors

Started by tet, November 29, 2006, 12:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

hey, we just updated some domain name records to make the address for the wikipaug a bit clearer.  i.e., it will now just read wikipaug.net when you go there, not wiki.week4paug.net.  it will take up to a few days for this to propagate around the net. 

in the meantime, let us know if stuff stops working.  you will all need to log back in to the wiki, as the cookie you already have is for a different domain. 

everything should be fine in theory
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

guyforget

If your old links to wiki.week4paug.net dump you at the forums, try just using wikipaug.net

wiki.week4paug.net will probably be on the fritz for a day or so while the DNS clears itself up.  We should all start using wikipaug.net instead.  If you have old links or bookmarks, all you have to do is replace wiki.week4paug.net with wikipaug.net and all of the other files will match up.
-AD_

jephrey

yeah, it just canned the old one for me.  It shot me over to the forums here.  Seems good so far and I've got 9 shows partially complete this morning.  This afternoon, I'll try and work on a way to more easily create the code for song pages.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

PhishJY

I don't know if you're aware or not, but if you put in www.wikipaug.net, you get the board, not the wiki.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

guyforget

Yes, we're aware.  If you just use http://wikipaug.net for now itll all work just fine. 

www will be working soon, some dns entries take longer to propogate than others.  No biggie.
-AD_

tet

mgoldey fixed the www issue just now.  just had to change the ServerName in our apache2 virtual domain setup, if anybody cares...  heh.  anyway, both with and without the www should now go to the wiki! 

baby steps, but they're steps to being open!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish