News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Anybody listen to the howard stern show?

Started by ucusty, January 16, 2005, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

I cant get it live where I live however I found a site that you get copies of the shows just hours after they occur.
red skunk traker.  Goto their site & dowload some stern!
http://67.81.80.136:6968/
8)

August

i just saw this, ucusty.
i am a huge fan.
out here , it starts at 6am and goes to 10ish/11am.
i leave for work at 6:30 and pretty much always listen to phish, but when i am at work(i drive a truck btw), it is howard! artie is still out.he is the man.peace, august.

cleech74

Do you know about Don & Mike mid-days?  I know there has been some bad blood in the past, but they are both great.  (Howard and D&M)

I live in Balto, and in the last few months there has been a major radio shake-up. What happens when H'ward goes to Satellite?  He's dumping the masses that support his show.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Hokker

It is not Howard's fault. It is the communication and disinformation wing of the Republican party otherwise known as Clear Channel and the FCC bastards. Clear Channel owns most radio and TV outlets across the country. Also Howard does cross the line of decency and good taste too often and doesn't play music! He used to have to play music when he was on dc101 back in the 80's. He was funnier then too.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

Bishop Pooh

Howard's on from 5-10 on 105.9 WCKG here in Chicago. I used to listen to Howard then Kevin Matthews from 10-2 then Steve Dahl from 2-7. I would go in phases where I would get sick of Howard and stop listening for a couple weeks then start listening again. Then Kevin went off the air and decided to stop listening to talk radio and start listening to all of the music that I was DLing.

WCKG also has a show called the Phishing Report with Bob and Ron from midnight-2:30am on Sat. night. It's a great show with a different theme every week, I listen every week. This week I won 2 tix to the Big Summer Classic for guessing which show the 10-31-96 Maze was from. Check it out if you're in Chicagoland or you can also listen on the internet somehow but I don't know how.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hokkerhe was on dc101 back in the 80's. He was funnier then too.
Yup. i was but a wee lad but i was also a regular listener.

Exactly what got him in trouble :) (and Famous)

ucusty

tet

first off, i'm sick of stern.  he had his day, but that was long ago... and to even bring up the boring, unoriginal, and untalented don & mike in the same sentence as him...  ugh...  

anyway, O&A rule, and they won't bankrupt their satellite radio company, unlike stern.  i can already see Sirius meteors crashing into his house in the Hamptons.

/hoo hoo Robin, make me a Sea Breeze so i won't get dehydrated in my stretch Escalade while running over Don's dog

//as a side note, i don't believe it's legal to trade recordings of the stern show, and even if it were, this normally wouldn't be the place to test those grounds.  the only reason i'm not removing these links from your posts is because he was yanked out of several market earlier this year, and several other ones last year, and i've never been one to support the radio megacorps... fans of his have been deprived of the entertainment they seek, and that's just wrong, no matter what the circumstances.  if someone wants to listen, let em at least have the option to listen.  thus, continue henceforth, but please tread lightly in the future with quasi-legal postings here.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Itsnotanexperience

i think howard's far smoother and comfortable now, and therefore, cooler,
in many ways...........i used to hear tapes of stern from my DC, college buddies
from '87, '88, '89, and i agree he was ballsier then, but not neccessarily better - but
that's just me...........listening to him interview snoop, for example - where do you get
to hear THAT interview anywhere else?   still, he has very little edge these days......nobody
can stay on top forever.....

when i lived in chicago i had to deal w/ mancow, and down here it's fucking BOB AND TOM,
and all that is (to me) is bunch of pathetic jokes and talent, all red state crap if you ask me
(no disprespect to my conservative brethren), so if i'm not jamming tunes, i've howard dialed
in.......even the sports shows down here are lame.

tet

heh, i feel your pain with mancow...  at least you never had to deal with the greaseman, lol.  now THAT was awful radio.

seriously, check out O&A, you can get a free 3 day online trial of XM radio and their channel plays replays of their show whenever they're not live (7-11 eastern weekdays).  weekends play all the shows from the week.
-Phish

Hokker

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

ucusty

i pretty sure the only major sport xm has the exclusive rights to is baseball.  They paid some ridiculous price for it, because it was the only sport not bought up by sirius.  I think xm had to get baseball to stay afloat.   Sirius has them all.  College sports, nfl, racing, nba, hockey (if it ever comes back), and march madness.  Sirius will never go bankrupt because of that.  oh yea o&a daily shows are on that site too, if you can stand listening to that.

tet

actually, besides MLB, XM has full ESPN Radio broadcasts, the entire NCAA college basketball and football seasons, 2 NASCAR channels, and IndyCar...  my only gripe is lack of NFL, but I'm rarely away from my TV on any Sunday... and seriously, who listens to football on the radio??  ;)

considering the much larger music collection owned by XM (about 10x the catalog of Sirius), their better and smaller technology, and their bankroll, I don't see how Sirius can even compete.  hiring Howard and Martha is not going to attract enough subscribers for them to ever turn a profit.  in fact, they are losing money for every new subscriber they sign up, so Sirius' "expansion" is really the beginning of their demise.  XM will have about 5 million more subscribers than Sirius by the end of this year, and XM has about 90% of the car satellite market.  those deals alone are the final nail in the coffin for Sirius -- you can't compete with such a large pre-installed base and expect to turn a profit.  my forecast is that XM will eventually just buy Sirius and expunge all their bad contracts and technology.
-Phish

bellybuttonfunk

Quote from: tetactually, besides MLB, XM has full ESPN Radio broadcasts, the entire NCAA college basketball and football seasons, 2 NASCAR channels, and IndyCar...  my only gripe is lack of NFL, but I'm rarely away from my TV on any Sunday... and seriously, who listens to football on the radio??  ;)

actually, when i lived in va, i used to turn the sound off of the tv on sundays and listen to frank, sonny and sam call skins games.  hail to the redskins!

ucusty

have you had sirius before?  i used to have xm and thought i kinda sucked,  gonna get sirius soon,  best buy can barely keep the unit i want stocked, cant wait to try it out.  could i listen to the bonnaroo broadcast on xm w/ a trial over the net?