News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

actually i did read a book today for the first time in about a year...

but it was a role playing game textbook.
does that count?
i had to move my eyes and think...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Intensely depressing but uniquely written and powerful, I'm looking forward to reading Blood Meridian next.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

flufhed

Shit we have to read too?  I thought this was a music site...

rowjimmy

Books is good.

Reading this now:

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on July 01, 2008, 05:23:28 PM

which?

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on July 01, 2008, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: VA slim on July 01, 2008, 05:23:28 PM

which?

shadowrun 4th ed.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

hoodie22

I recently read my first Chuck Palahniuk book - 'Choke'

And my friend has insisted I read Brett Easton Ellis and that I begin with 'Less than Zero', so I just read that (and if you haven't read it and have seen the movie....its COMPLETELY different)
And I am currently reading 'American Psycho'

ytowndan

Quote from: hoodie22 on July 02, 2008, 12:18:39 AM

And my friend has insisted I read Brett Easton Ellis and that I begin with 'Less than Zero', so I just read that (and if you haven't read it and have seen the movie....its COMPLETELY different)

I'm about half way through Choke right now.  Good stuff.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cactusfan

Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2008, 05:25:47 PM

Intensely depressing but uniquely written and powerful, I'm looking forward to reading Blood Meridian next.

blood meridian is one of the best things i've ever read. far, far better than the road. very different writing style, incredibly dense and hallucinogenic. i rarely read more than 20 pages at a time, just to be able to take it all in. i've read a few of his other books too, nothing comes close to this one.

thechad

Quote from: hoodie22 on July 02, 2008, 12:18:39 AM

'American Psycho' is the only book of his I've read, and it's a deeply disturbing book.  Currently reading a collection of H.P. Lovecraft stories myself.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Mr Minor

A Widow for One Year- John Irving (favorite author)   :mrgreen:

and just finished The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult- didn't really like it, but I did enjoy the graphic comic placed throughout story.  Too much of a chick writer for me and I picked it up out of boredom and ignorance (apparently) b/c I don't know much about her or her books.  To sum up, won't be reading any other books by her. 

EliWhitney314

I am now reading IT by stephen king.  A lot of people don't like him because he is over rated... but it is an incredible book and his imagery is incerdible.

khalpin

Quote from: Mr Minor on July 04, 2008, 02:34:18 PM

Probably my favorite, as well, although I'm not much of a reader.  I read that one but can't remember which story it was.  Is that one the one they made into the movie "A Door in the Floor"?

shoreline99

Walt Disney - Triumph of the American Imagination by Neil Gabler. Bio of WD.
Raiders & Rebels - Thr Golden Age of Piracy, by Frank Sherry
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Mr Minor

Quote from: khalpin on July 07, 2008, 08:40:10 AM
Quote from: Mr Minor on July 04, 2008, 02:34:18 PM

Probably my favorite, as well, although I'm not much of a reader.  I read that one but can't remember which story it was.  Is that one the one they made into the movie "A Door in the Floor"?

Yep.  Haven't seen it, but I might after I read the book...