News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: Ellis Dee on December 23, 2008, 04:23:24 PM
Quote from: susep73 on December 20, 2008, 10:16:20 AM

preety interesting so far, great insights into the band's gear, esp. like the descriptions of Jerry's axe's even going back to his bluegrass days.  awesome pics too!

me thinks this book will make the perfect gift for somebody...might have to buy my own copy too...seems really cool...thanks

read through that last year, absolutely loved it.  really one of the most fascinating aspects about the band has been their use (and really, invention) of technology as they grew, so reading about all of it in such detail (and with such direct connections to what was going on in their career at the time) was thrilling for me as a tech geek & Deadhead. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on December 24, 2008, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Ellis Dee on December 23, 2008, 04:23:24 PM
Quote from: susep73 on December 20, 2008, 10:16:20 AM

preety interesting so far, great insights into the band's gear, esp. like the descriptions of Jerry's axe's even going back to his bluegrass days.  awesome pics too!

me thinks this book will make the perfect gift for somebody...might have to buy my own copy too...seems really cool...thanks

read through that last year, absolutely loved it.  really one of the most fascinating aspects about the band has been their use (and really, invention) of technology as they grew, so reading about all of it in such detail (and with such direct connections to what was going on in their career at the time) was thrilling for me as a tech geek & Deadhead. 

yep... pretty much what tet said.

Mr Minor

The Road
by Cormac McCarthy

The End of the Affair
by Graham Greene

Lord of the Flies (b/c I am teaching it right now)

MiamiPhish

Just finished..

Interesting read, that's for sure!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

cool ways to turn your house/life/everyday routine ecofriendly...

if your gals dig being ecofriendly.. it's a good read.

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

thechad

Quote from: MiamiPhish on January 19, 2009, 08:21:55 AM
Just finished..

Interesting read, that's for sure!

Having read it years ago, I would have to say that that is quite and understatement.   :-)
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Caravan2001

Good travel book....well written account of the author's journey on the Orient Express.....

Mr Minor

Quote from: Mr Minor on January 19, 2009, 08:19:22 AM
The Road
by Cormac McCarthy

Just finished it and I wanted to throw it across the room.  Not sure if it's from frustration or wanting to know more...

But don't let that fool you.  The writing is extraordinary.  Recommended.

mehead

Just finished Vince Flynn's Extreme Measures and now starting Dean Koontz's Your heart is Mine
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sunrisevt

About to start Beloved again, with my classes. This book is a lot harder to get through now that I have a baby of my own.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Mr Minor

Quote from: sunrisevt on February 02, 2009, 03:43:28 PM
About to start Beloved again, with my classes. This book is a lot harder to get through now that I have a baby of my own.

Man, that is a tough one. Funny how books affect you at different points in your life.

I know it's an English teacher thing to say, but that's why reading is so great.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

Quote from: mehead on February 08, 2009, 12:19:34 AM
"Clapton"..EC's bio

good read....man, was he ever mangled on H and drinking.....gives me hope for Trey

sls.stormyrider

enjoyed the 1st half of that one  - a lot. Great stories about the 60s and 1970, Derek and the Dominoes

got tired of reading about being drunk, almost killing himself, and recovery the second half

for another view of EC, and some great insights to George and the Beatles, check out Wonderful Tonight

I just started this one

Traitor to his Class - FDR.
might have some relevance now
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

A-Train

Just got "Into the Wild" for my B-day.Gonna start it tonight.Then watch the movie once I'm done.Already know most of the story.Hoping to get similar feeling from it as I did from "On the Road" and "Dharma Bums".