News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Minor

Quote from: tipetoo on May 05, 2009, 04:30:59 PM
HST- Hells Angels

Sp many crazy things in this book.  Good read about the Hells Angels culture.

sprobeck

Quote from: Mr Minor on May 05, 2009, 08:24:05 PM
Quote from: tipetoo on May 05, 2009, 04:30:59 PM
HST- Hells Angels

Sp many crazy things in this book.  Good read about the Hells Angels culture.

That's one of his I haven't read. I'll have to give it a shot someday. Thanks.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

prolly gonna finish this up tonight or tomorrow.
haven't been able to put it down....

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Mr Minor

^^ I have heard that is fantastic.  A friend of mine in VA was raving about it a while back as he was reading it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Mr Minor on May 06, 2009, 12:52:34 PM
^^ I have heard that is fantastic.  A friend of mine in VA was raving about it a while back as he was reading it.

i'll hand it over at alpine.

it looks like a big book, but it's one you can't put down so 465 pages is cake :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Mr Minor

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 06, 2009, 01:09:24 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on May 06, 2009, 12:52:34 PM

i'll hand it over at alpine.

it looks like a big book, but it's one you can't put down so 465 pages is cake :)

:beers:

bluecaravan521

Breakfast of Champions - Kurt Vonnegut
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

fauxpaxfauxreal

The Sandman-World's End.  Hands down my favorite graphic novel ever, of all times, written in any language, created with ink on paper by any author that was ever born to a mother and a father on the planet we call earth.  Fucking phenomenal story arch and really brings the entire series together, much more than any other graphic novel that I've ever read that is a part of a greater linear story arch.

God.  I cannot say enough fucking good things about this comic.

It's kind of like a condensed version of "The Canterbary Tales" mixed with better storys, better storytale and comic book mystique.

You know when you get Stephen King to write an introduction to your comic book, it better be good, and this set totally lives up to the expectation created.

If you like other novels such as The Watchmen, and Arkham Asylum (especially the latter) I would highly suggest picking this one up even if you haven't read any others in the Sandman or Death: The High Cost of Living series'.

It's that fucking good, and even if you don't thank me personally, you most likely will have enjoyed it!

The Kindly Ones-Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)

Satisfying End to an epic series of comics.

Everything I love about the entire series summed up in the biggest story arch stretching out over a year and a half in creation, tying up almost all loose ends and forming the cohesive bind to a story created years earlier.

Great terminus.

The Wake-Neil Gaiman (Sandman)

Almost like a comic epilogue to the epic tale that is the sandman, The Wake serves as a way to foresseee what happens to characters created during the course of the series after the series has already run its course.

Man.  These three graphic novels pretty much sum up everything that I love inherent to the literacy and artistry involved in comics pretty well.

Neil Gaiman really did outdo himself, and every time I go through the series, I re-remember why I love the series so much.

To me, Gaiman is as awesome as a modern day Shakespeare or Milton, creating and re-creating mythologies that serve to captivate, illustrate and energize the senses.

Good fucking stuff, and I'm sad to put these characters back on the motherfuckin' shelf.

sprobeck

The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt by T.J. Stiles.  Very interesting so far.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

mehead

for obvious reasons I busted out The Phish Book the other day..can't wait til the new book comes out later this year - now November I think
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

flow00

The Night of the Gun, David Carr

Not your typical junkie memoir. Carr uses his skills as an investigative reporter to accurately retrace his life as he struggled with drug addiction. He wrote the entire book based on videotaped interviews with people he hung out with at the time.

rowjimmy

Just finished re-re-re-re-re-reading The Hobbit.
Now doing the same with Lord Of The Rings

gah

Quote from: mehead on June 28, 2009, 09:53:21 AM
for obvious reasons I busted out The Phish Book the other day..can't wait til the new book comes out later this year - now November I think

me too! one of my favorite quotes:

QuoteHow did the Dude become the Dude? "That goes back to when Trey and I were going to the Taft School," he says, "It was late one night when everyone had taken mushrooms. I walked into the room clad in tapestry, goggles and a hat, and started uttering certain wisdoms." Such as? "I haven't the slightest idea. But the next thing I knew, I was knighted the Dude of Life, and I've been the Dude of Life ever since.

:wtu:

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 28, 2009, 10:29:43 AM
Just finished re-re-re-re-re-reading The Hobbit.
Now doing the same with Lord Of The Rings

Classic! Been thinking I need to revisit these soon as well.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

metalzone58

GONZO very interesting, but not any easy read due to being written as an oral biography

postjack

Gaiman is a favorite, but I've never read any of his graphic novels.  In fact I've never read a graphic novel, though if I start, I know where it will be.

Just finished Tim Power's "The Anubis Gates", currently reading "A Canticle for Leibowitz", after it was recommended to me by everyone from my cousins to the TSA lady at the airport on my way to Hampton.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::