News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Followup:

Thanks for all of the suggestions. She actually solved it for me by requesting Harry Potter.
So, it looks like I'll be reading the entire series to the second of my three kids which means I'll probably do it for the third one day...

mattstick

Maybe because it's the summer, but I have zero time to read these days... sucks.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on July 28, 2009, 08:40:55 AM

Maybe because it's the summer, but I have zero time to read these days... sucks.
I hear ya, I haven't picked up a book since May.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Last night I was so conflicted... listen to the Jays game on the radio in bed or read.

So I laid down to try and make a decision and woke up with my alarm at 6:15...

Buffalo Budd

Yeah, I caught the end of the game, they whomped them 11-4, not bad.  I just wish they could get going on a streak here like the start of the season to gain some ground.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I wish they would trade Halladay, Rios and Rolen for good young talent and put together a real team for 2011.

Buffalo Budd

Agreed, but I feel injuries have hurt any chances they may have had over the last few years.  Looks like they've been shopping him around so your wish may come true.  I'm a Rios fan but it seems there are rumors swirling about him being traded as well.
I guess this discussion would be more apt for the sports thread, ah well.

Red... Rocks!

I try to read every night... I love the pulpy stuff, I am on a huge Edgar Rice burroghs kick right now... i just finished Master Mind of Mars, reading through the Barsoom series

Mr Minor

The Kite Runners

Starts well, at least.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Mr Minor on July 29, 2009, 08:25:40 AM
The Kite Runners

Starts well, at least.
I loved that book, couldn't put it down.

kellerb

Just finished "In Other Words" by Anthony DeCurtis, a collection of interviews - mostly musicians.  Now I started something called "House of Leaves" that my brother gave me for christmas.  I'm wary that its a hipster book, but the first few chapters have been interesting.

Still slowing making my way through "the Now Habit," but only at work.

gah

Quote from: Phishy69 on July 29, 2009, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Mr Minor on July 29, 2009, 08:25:40 AM
The Kite Runners

Starts well, at least.
I loved that book, couldn't put it down.

Agreed. Both his books are great, A Thousand Splendid Suns was also tough to put down.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gol D. Roger

"Into Thin Air" was fantastic. I wanted to read "Into The Wild" next, but i couldn't find it at the bookstore so bought this:

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

justjezmund

as of right now i am "reading the book" just passed 1000   :beers:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mbw