News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

O, I read books alright. Mostly about music.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: ozymandias on August 21, 2009, 12:15:52 AM

LOTR came up in a LST, and it reminded me that, at one point, I wanted to read The Silmarillion, but never got around to it. Now that I have some time, I've started digging in. Pretty great read so far.

I'm in the middle of that right now. Probably my third time to read it.

aphineday

It's the good shit lollipop.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Quote from: aphineday on August 23, 2009, 04:25:43 AM

It's the good shit lollipop.

Recently read that. I dug it. Not my favorite of his but still good.
I'm currently reading Snuff on the train. (Silmarillion @ home.)

cactusfan

John Barth - The Sot-Weed Factor.

one of the most brilliant, hilarious books i've ever read.

aphineday

Recently read that. I dug it. Not my favorite of his but still good.
I'm currently reading Snuff on the train. (Silmarillion @ home.)
[/quote]

Snuff was great. I like most of his stuff, Pygmy was a damn challenge though with the broken English. Great though, nonetheless.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

whyweigh5.0

I'm not too far in to it yet, but I really like it so far
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Gol D. Roger

Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand CĂ©line. Haven't really started reading yet, but i'm pretty excited.
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

Bobafett

i just started "The things they Carried" by tim o'brien.  never read any of his stuff, but so far i like the writing style a whole lot.  Its about Vietnam, which ususally does nothing for me, but again, the style of storytelling is really solid.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

justjezmund

awesome and really easy read.  and better than the movie
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

kellerb

Just finally finished "House of Leaves."
http://www.amazon.com/House-Leaves-Mark-Z-Danielewski/dp/0375703764

Very odd book I've never heard of, xmas gift from my brother. 

...still not finished with "the NOW habit"

thechad

Started reading "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy again.  Saw that another author has written a sixth book in the series and it is going to be released in October, don't really know how I feel about that, even if he was given the blessing of Douglas Adam's widow.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Mr Minor

Time Travelers Wife

Interesting so far.  Not sold on it yet, but has a pretty sci-fi premise with an underlying love story theme thing going on. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 07, 2009, 06:59:21 PM

awesome and really easy read.  and better than the movie

I love how it is written "by the author of "Fight Club"

Quote from: thechad on September 08, 2009, 01:23:02 AM
Started reading "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy again. Saw that another author has written a sixth book in the series and it is going to be released in October, don't really know how I feel about that, even if he was given the blessing of Douglas Adam's widow.

Blasphemy.