News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 01:10:02 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on September 15, 2009, 01:00:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 12:42:49 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on September 15, 2009, 11:52:10 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 15, 2009, 11:45:57 AM
Aaditya, I'm sure you're a sensible chap.  Perhaps we can start you off with some light Eggers and then work your way up through McSweeny's.  At that point, you may find yourself regretting the errors of your ways.

I actually read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

I read that book.
Dave Eggers has a metal folding chair reserved for his face if I even meet him.
Pretentious fuck owes me a few hours of my life.

Yes, I seem to remember your great hatred towards Eggers earlier in this thread.

If he's fucked up "Where The Wild Things Are" I might have to hunt him down.
As that's pretty much a given, I'm in the market for a new compass and a folding chair.

I wouldn't be so sure, Spike Jonze is the man.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Aaditya, I'm sure you're a sensible chap.  Perhaps we can start you off with some light Eggers and then work your way up through McSweeny's.  At that point, you may find yourself regretting the errors of your ways.

I read that book.

Yes, I seem to remember your great hatred towards Eggers earlier in this thread.

As that's pretty much a given, I'm in the market for a new compass and a folding chair.

Yes, the folding chair list. Now I know Eggers is on it, and George Will. Who else might round out a list of 5?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 15, 2009, 01:25:33 PM

I read that book.

Yes, the folding chair list. Now I know Eggers is on it, and George Will. Who else might round out a list of 5?

G. Gordon Liddy, David Caruso... a few others.

Hicks

I enjoy reading George Will, he's a douche, but his arguments are always well written and I think he does have a flair for prose.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Just because a guy can write doesn't mean he's not an asshole and deserving of retribution for hateful statements.

/just sayin'

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 02:06:26 PM
Just because a guy can write doesn't mean he's not an asshole and deserving of retribution for hateful statements.

/just sayin'

Watch it Hicks!

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Yeah who needs a civil discourse of differing ideas and viewpoints, it's a totally overrated concept.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on September 15, 2009, 02:31:33 PM
Yeah who needs a civil discourse of differing ideas and viewpoints, it's a totally overrated concept.
This has nothing to do with politics.

The dude shat on Jerry Garcia's grave the week after his death.
Fuck that guy.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 02:45:59 PM

Fuck that guy.

Oh that.

Yeah that was a low blow, and Newsweek used an excerpt from that column as ad copy for years, which really sucked. 

Like I said before he is a douche, but he was actually pretty critical of Bush very early on, which got some points from me.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on September 15, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

Fuck that guy.

Oh that.

Yeah that was a low blow, and Newsweek used an excerpt from that column as ad copy for years, which really sucked. 

Like I said before he is a douche, but he was actually pretty critical of Bush very early on, which got some points from me.

I haven't read a word form that clown since August 95.
Nor have I read Newsweek.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2009, 03:01:46 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 15, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

Fuck that guy.

Oh that.

I haven't read a word form that clown since August 95.
Nor have I read Newsweek.

a wise decision.

as for eggars, i can sure do without his books, but at least he's used his money and fame to create an organization called 826 Valencia, which provides all kinds of great writing classes for kids. it's a very cool thing.

as for spike jonze being 'the man'... so far he's had the good sense to direct charlie kaufman scripts. Wild Things he wrote himself along with dave eggars. which if you read the big nyt article last week on it, jonze proudly proclaims that they didn't want to have any kind of story that made sense. they just wanted stuff to happen. so, yeah. hm. i fear the worst.

sophist

Fuck that guy.
wow, this is the first I am hearing of this, details please. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

I just read it, it's more asshole-y than I remember.

Don't bother.

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Gol D. Roger

Serge Gainsbourg: A Fistful of Gitanes - Sylvie Simmons
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"