News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: nab on November 18, 2009, 01:45:17 AM
More impossible shit.

God, Grad School sucks in as many ways as it shines.

Wanna know something about the Chinese experience in the western half of the United States in the last half of the 19th century, just ask me and I'll hit you up with some "heady" references.   

Do you know what this is?

Our most modestly priced receptacle?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr Minor

^^My guess was an ancient toilet plunger minus the handle...

rowjimmy

I think it has something to do with Opium.

All the best stuff does.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 18, 2009, 11:51:09 AM

All the best stuff does.

Also, is that guy riding a giant rabbit?

That must be some good shit.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

All the best stuff does.

We have a winner.  This is the top of an opium bowl, plan view.

gah

Quote from: nab on November 18, 2009, 11:56:29 AM

All the best stuff does.

We have a winner.  This is the top of an opium bowl, plan view.

Wow. Only took three guesses from paugers. Nice call RJ.  :clap:

Nab, Do another one!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

nab

sunrisevt

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on November 17, 2009, 10:25:12 PM
Very pleased to see all the McCarthy queued up, and that it is being taught (sunrise, what grade or classes do you teach?).

I'll be interested in hearing about the Foer. Unlike McCarthy, of which I've read everything, I haven't read Foer yet. He certainly has his enthusiasts.

I'm an adjunct at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY. I teach freshman expository writing and intro finction. I think I gave you the wrong impression, though--I just read The Road; I haven't taught it. I did teach Toni Morrison's Beloved, but stopped using it recently because it was too much to deal with every semester, since having a little girl. The Road was a similar experience for me as a father--I was moved deeply and not entirely comfortably by the consideration of parenthood in extreme circumstances.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

gah

Quote from: Hicks on November 18, 2009, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: nab on November 18, 2009, 12:12:51 PM
Here is another one.

The world's first placemat?

some sort of water stopping device? or maybe those grooves go into something, like a key?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

A stamp for marking bricks of hash or O?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Hicks

nab

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 18, 2009, 12:39:10 PM
A stamp for marking bricks of hash or O?

Closest, not there yet though.

rowjimmy