News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Fans of art and/or military history will enjoy Monuments Men, which I recently finished. It tells the story of a handful of art experts who were tasked with hunting down and preserving the many thousands of priceless pieces of art and cultural heritage stolen by the Nazis during WWII.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

pretty good so far.  it's essentially The Breakfast Club, but in hell.

kellerb

Quote from: mbw on December 29, 2013, 08:57:42 PM

So it's Sartre: No Exit?

mbw

Quote from: kellerb on December 29, 2013, 09:01:45 PM

almost word for word.

kellerb

Quote from: mbw on December 29, 2013, 09:04:19 PM

almost word for word.

Breakfast club has Emilio Estevez pretending he's high on marihuana, which is the high point of his acting career

mbw

Quote from: kellerb on December 29, 2013, 09:07:47 PM
Quote from: mbw on December 29, 2013, 09:04:19 PM

almost word for word.

Breakfast club has Emilio Estevez pretending he's high on marihuana, which is the high point of his acting career

in this book the main character is in hell after OD'ing on the same substance.  chicks can't hold their smoke, that's what it is.

ph92

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Phillip K. Dick

I've read this before but I just picked it up recently when I was cleaning out a closet. It's perfect timing cause my girlfriend gave me A Scanner Darkly by him for Christmas!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mehead

wifey got this for xmas as well as his latest.....

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

I just finished The Disaster Artist, a first-hand account of the making of The Room, an incredibly bad, and compelling, film, and also of the crazed man responsible for it.

If you've seen this movie you should read it. If you haven't seen the movie, watch it, then read the book, then watch the movie again.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

the Palahniuk book was ok.  That's pretty much how I feel about all his books.  I have the sequel, will probably read it.

Currently reading:

I find the subject matter interesting, but I just had to read it after this interview on Fox Noise...

barnesy305

Quote from: mbw on January 18, 2014, 12:23:46 PM
the Palahniuk book was ok.  That's pretty much how I feel about all his books.  I have the sequel, will probably read it.

Currently reading:

I find the subject matter interesting, but I just had to read it after this interview on Fox Noise...

Stupid bitch is stupid. Dude shuts her down.

VDB

That FN interview is hilarious. From the people who brought you "Jesus is white."
Is this still Wombat?

Mr. Natural

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 18, 2014, 10:57:38 AM

I just finished The Disaster Artist, a first-hand account of the making of The Room, an incredibly bad, and compelling, film, and also of the crazed man responsible for it.

If you've seen this movie you should read it. If you haven't seen the movie, watch it, then read the book, then watch the movie again.

Okay. So when this movie was out a couple years ago, I had several friends in different cities telling me that not only was it the best movie in the world, but that there had never been anything like it before. Real groundbreaking stuff. I was told I had to see it in the theater; so when I missed the chance I was kicking myself.
Nowadays, I'm hearing how it's a complete turd and probably the worst movie ever made and that the writer/protagonist is a self-aggrandizing embarrassment.
I guess my question is - Is it worth watching outside the theater, i.e. in my house?
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mopper_smurf

Geeking out with the Stones.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy