News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi.  Still.
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.  Still.

i used to devour books pre-motherhood.  now it takes me forever.  it's the only thing about pre-motherhood that i miss.  seriously.

rowjimmy

My wife read that over my shoulder and she shares your sentiment...
From here it looks as if she's finding more and more time though...

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 03, 2007, 04:27:10 PM
My wife read that over my shoulder and she shares your sentiment...
From here it looks as if she's finding more and more time though...

Your wife reads "everybody poops" over your shoulder?

rowjimmy

Yes. I won't let her have her own copy.

gimmetela

whyweigh5.0

I've been slacking.. still on the last chapter of Slaughterhouse five.  I picked up the complete Hitchhikers Guide last night on amazon 8-)
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is awesome. My mother turned me on to that when I was 8.

Now reading:
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

So far, a great read.

whyweigh5.0

yeah, I have always like the Hitchhiker's Guide.  But never owned a copy :?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

thechad

Currently on book 4 "A Feast For Crows" of George R. R. Martins Song of Fire and Ice series.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

phatyphil

just started the botany of desire by michael pollan.  very intriguing so far (25 pages into it  :-D)

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2007, 08:19:48 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is awesome. My mother turned me on to that when I was 8.

Now reading:
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

So far, a great read.

I absolutely loved Lonesome Dove, and I never thought I'd ever bother reading a Western, but it's so well written and the characters feel like real people.

The sequel, Streets of Laredo, is pretty kickass too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

If I like Lonesome Dove when I finish as much as I do right now, Streets of Laredo will def. hit my reading queue.

cactusfan

Quote from: thechadbaker on March 07, 2007, 09:32:55 PM
Currently on book 4 "A Feast For Crows" of George R. R. Martins Song of Fire and Ice series.

heh. addicting, aren't they? i'd say the two genres of books i hate the most are fantasy and swords & sorcery. yet these books truly kick ass. HBO just bought the rights to make them into a series, one book per 12 episode season. should be interesting if they actually pull it off...

Quote from: ikki on March 08, 2007, 07:00:26 PM
I absolutely loved Lonesome Dove, and I never thought I'd ever bother reading a Western, but it's so well written and the characters feel like real people.

The sequel, Streets of Laredo, is pretty kickass too.

i never read the sequel, but i loved lonesome dove, too. great book.

sophist

This is your Brain on Music by Daniel J. Levitin

really good read, I have ~60 pages left.  It is about cognitive neuroscience of the brain and how the brain processes music.   
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

Audacity of Hope.

I like the way this guy thinks and looks at the world.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."