News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

k, well my buddy has one of those cooling things... adn while he did say that it did bring the temp way down, he said the thing was sooo damn loud taht he had to take it off..

as for dead 360s... i had mine for about 3 months when i got the three rings of death... so i had to get a new one... luckily when i bought it at gamestop i also purchased their exchange warranty... so instead of having to send the 360 back to microsoft i was able to go to any gamestop adn simply exchange mine for a new one... and they also switched the HDs so that i had all my games saves, etc...  the only downside to that is that i also had to purchase another exchange warranty, because its only useable once.... but it was worth the $$ because it was hassle-free!

now as for GRAW2... yes it kicks so much ass... and yeah, i agree, the online is only so-so as far as enjoyment (i still like it better than socom)...

Rainbow 6 is supposed to have the better online apparently... my buddy said that the "cover system" that you get in single player GRAW is useable online with rainbow six... which i think is sweet.

he also said GRAW is more of a run & gun style of online, whereas rainbow 6 requires you to use cover and be more tactical in your approach... which i think is awesome since thats what i prefer... so i'm supposed to grab his copy this weekend to try it out!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

werd.

BTW: what is the "3 rings of death" ??? -- or do i want to know?!?  :-o

and thats good to know about the cover thing in R6vegas, b/c thats one of my main gripes with graw online... & if you can tuse the cover system, they might as well speed the gameplay up, b/c its too slow to play like socom.
& also i cant seem to even find good games to play online... last night i tried joining 3 different ranked games and got booted all three times! oh well...

area ya'll into EA's NBA street? the new "homecourt" release looks pretty sweet... though its the type of game thats better to play with friends offline...

also, my friend from work who's a HALo freak is giving me his extra copy of HALo2( i think its 2...) so i can play with him online... he says the 360 can play it even though its an original xbox release.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

yeah, the 360 is backward compatible with MOST og xbox games...

i'm not too into the EA BIG franchise, i'd rather play the more realistic sims style (madden, live, fifa, etc)...

as for GRAW... i agree find a good game is harder than it should be... although, i've noticed if i just find someone i've played with before (players, not friends in the Live listing) i have good sucess in getting into a game... but i'll add that i've stuck almost strickly to the co-op campaign mode, which i think is fucking sweet, since most guys work together to acomplish the goals... the only downside is that the time limit is usually 60 min, so if you die really early it can be a lame to waiting for the next round... but i also find it easier to stay alive longer in that mode.

the "rings of death" happen when your 360 is fucked... you dont want to know
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

best videogame ever?  Activision's Kaboom...bar none  :clap:

tet

Quote from: OctopusRider on March 20, 2007, 08:25:15 PM
I'm kinda slow to getting Call of Duty. I just purchased the 1st one for PC on Sunday. It kicks ass! What system are you getting Call of Duty 3 for?
Xbox 360.  i bought CoD3 today, they had it hidden in the back but found it once i asked...  $40 for this is kickass.  i love CoD, which i played on Mac, and CoD2, which was a release game with the 360 and occupied about 1/2 my time spent on the console the first few months i had it (other 1/2 was spent with Halo2). 

Quote from: VA slim on March 21, 2007, 03:39:09 PM
i guess i'll just grab an extended warraunte(--god i can't spell that word! :evil:) before its too late... my 360 only came with a 3 month warrantee!! -- wack!
though it may say 90 days in the box, it is in fact a 12 month warranty now.  check www.xbox.com , they updated the warranty coverage to 1 year because a lot of people were apparently having problems...  a really classy move, IMO. 

Quote from: VA slim on March 21, 2007, 04:51:23 PM

BTW: what is the "3 rings of death" ??? -- or do i want to know?!?  :-o
no.   :evil:

3 of the 4 "rings" light up around the power button.  ya know, the little green things when you turn your controller on?  well, instead of green, they are red, and they flash.  and there are 3 of them.  and you're FUCKED when it happens.  there is a chance of recovery from it, they have some tips on xbox.com , but none worked for me and i needed a replacement console.

Quote from: VA slim on March 21, 2007, 04:51:23 PM
area ya'll into EA's NBA street? the new "homecourt" release looks pretty sweet... though its the type of game thats better to play with friends offline...

also, my friend from work who's a HALo freak is giving me his extra copy of HALo2( i think its 2...) so i can play with him online... he says the 360 can play it even though its an original xbox release.
yeah, as long as you have a hard drive, you can play Halo 2 on the 360.  i do all the time, still love that game!! 

i wanna try out the new Homecourt, i liked the old NBA Street games but never bought any of them.  Homecourt looks seriously sweet.  i usually do not like arcade-style games too much (god, i miss NFL 2k series...), and hence do not play ANY EA games anymore, because even their sims suck complete ass.  i boycotted them for a few years when they wouldn't release a game on Xbox Live, then tried Madden when the 2k series got their license bought out, and i can't stand it.  plays nothing like a real game of football, and the 360 version is inexplicably worse than the regular Xbox version.  fuck EA.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

i used to be a EA sports fanatic, though not so much the last 5 years... they fell off  alot in most of their games.

though NBA street has always been a sweet fucking game. the new one- Nba Street homecourt is getting great reviews... my friend at work has it and likes it... also its only a next gen console release so it s graphically sweet. the street series has always had the best gameplay of any arcade style tyope game i've played, IMO.
the downsides mentioned are the online mode isnt all that, and the fact that no "legends", ie DR.J, etc., are included in this version.
still i might grab it, if can scrounge up the loot.
though i might just wait till next year for a B-BALL simulator when the next series come out in the fall...

JEDI, LMK how you feel about RBOw6vegas... i think i'm grabbin it ASAP.

+K TET for th elink about the waraunte... i'll hav eto check it out, hope your right on that one... one year would do me fine... 3 months is a little sketchy

tet

-Phish

OctopusRider

Quote from: tet on March 21, 2007, 10:23:09 PM
Xbox 360.  i bought CoD3 today, they had it hidden in the back but found it once i asked...  $40 for this is kickass.  i love CoD, which i played on Mac, and CoD2, which was a release game with the 360 and occupied about 1/2 my time spent on the console the first few months i had it (other 1/2 was spent with Halo2). 
though it may say 90 days in the box, it is in fact a 12 month warranty now.  check www.xbox.com , they updated the warranty coverage to 1 year because a lot of people were apparently having problems...  a really classy move, IMO. 
no.   :evil:

I'll probably get it for PC soon. Can we link up and play against each other since I'm not on 360?

tet

Quote from: OctopusRider on March 21, 2007, 10:47:38 PM
I'll probably get it for PC soon. Can we link up and play against each other since I'm not on 360?
don't think so, unless you have Vista and it's one of those new "Games for Windows" things that basically require you also have a "Live" account.  i would doubt it though, it came out a while back already... the new games to come out will be supporting it though, like Shadowrun and Halo 3 most likely.
-Phish

OctopusRider

Quote from: tet on March 21, 2007, 10:50:27 PM
don't think so, unless you have Vista and it's one of those new "Games for Windows" things that basically require you also have a "Live" account.  i would doubt it though, it came out a while back already... the new games to come out will be supporting it though, like Shadowrun and Halo 3 most likely.

Oh well...I always wondered about that. When I was playing BFII I never knew if it was with other PC users or SPS or...

VA $l!m

Jedi: we have to set up a time to play co-op ampaign, so i can get into this shit online somehow... so far its been a big bust for me. :x

LMK when we can set up a time. i'm always home nights, and between 9-12 CT is best, though noet the only time i can play.

holla back!

jedifunk

werd slim... i'm gonna try real hard to get on tonight (probably about 8:30 - 11pm).  i'll probably start with at least 1 match of winning xi, but will switch to GRAW2 after that... just look for me.. i love xbox live, its so easy... and i like that it tells you when a friend comes online and shit, and you can see what game they are playing and join up... so fucking easy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 22, 2007, 10:18:47 AM
werd slim... i'm gonna try real hard to get on tonight (probably about 8:30 - 11pm).  i'll probably start with at least 1 match of winning xi, but will switch to GRAW2 after that... just look for me.. i love xbox live, its so easy... and i like that it tells you when a friend comes online and shit, and you can see what game they are playing and join up... so fucking easy

cool, i'll be watching the WIRE on BET from 8-930CT, then i'll try and get on.
peace.

jedifunk

which season of the wire are they showing?

i've been meaning to watch the end of this last season on HBOHD on Demand!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

damn, y'all need to get some Halo2 action going, so i can PWN U M0R4N5
-Phish