News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

HA!!!!  I thought about this thread last night as I dusted off my old PS1 and proceeded to play a game of Fifa '99 and 18 on Tiger Woods '99.  That was a blast!!!!!!!  Tonight I'll be hittin' up Madden '99 and Vigilante 8.  hahahahaha
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

ugh.
ironically, i think buyin the 360 finally burnt me out on games...

though i've been playin socom all week.  :roll:

word is sony has hired the peeps that did socom3 to produce a 'multiplayer shooter'-- everythin but the socom name has been said.

so, i guess i'll be tradin in for a Ps3 if that comes about.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

not diggin the 360 huh?  sorry to hear that... i thought for sure you'd be overly impressed with it...  hopefully i didnt sway you into a purchase you now regret
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on April 19, 2007, 12:28:23 PM
not diggin the 360 huh?  sorry to hear that... i thought for sure you'd be overly impressed with it...  hopefully i didnt sway you into a purchase you now regret

nah its cool. some of it is i just miss playin with my peeps on socom... i've been with the same crew for over a year now, and it can be really hard to find 'cool' people to play with nite in nite out.

also, the 360 was just a peak in my 'retail therapy'... unfortunately no video game can asuage the depressing reality that is my existence.
life goes on.

metalzone58

Loving Guitar Hero 2 on 360 :banana:

VA $l!m

got 'rainbow6 Vegas'

dope fuckin game...

jedi: i also re-uped my live subscription. should be on today and this week in between NBA games. look me up.

jedifunk

slim...

how is it compared to graw?  is the multiplayer a better fit?  does the "cover" actually work?

i havent been playin much graw... and actually havent played it in at least a month.

but thats more to do with rockin winning xi more than not liking graw
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

PhishJY

Quote from: jedifunk on April 25, 2007, 06:33:30 PM
slim...

how is it compared to graw?  is the multiplayer a better fit?  does the "cover" actually work?

I'm not slim, but R6 Vegas is awesome.  I like it better than GRAW.  Haven't played GRAW2 yet.  R6 is a little harder to control (different controls, button combinations are awkward), but it's still better.

Definitely worth a purchase.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

thechad

Quote from: metalzone58 on April 19, 2007, 12:41:53 PM
Loving Guitar Hero 2 on 360 :banana:

It's the shiznit as the kids say today, halfway through hard, and expert kinda scares me.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on April 25, 2007, 06:33:30 PM
slim...

i havent been playin much graw... and actually havent played it in at least a month.

but thats more to do with rockin winning xi more than not liking graw

yeah, i havent played online graw2 in ~3 weeks... i'm almost through single player on hard though.
the online has its ups and downs... it REALLy needs the cover system, especially since so much sniping is involved. BUt on th eupside the Maps are SICK...

BUT! R6 vegas is the fuckin BOMB! i did see that an updated version is comin out... hopefully that wont take away from the peeps playin the old one, but i played ~10 hours straight online yesterday after gettin it, and i plan on goin back online as soon as i take a shit and a shower!

the cover system works great, and i think the controls are actually better than graw. also, its closer to socom in that its more run and gun, which is what i like... now just a snipe fest like graw. smaller tighter indoor maps--- you can actually get in a firefight and not die from one bullet! it plays just perfect.
and the customobility is fantastic... tons of unlockables as you rank up, and customization of your gear, clothing etc...
and all the gadgets rule too! tear gas, motion sensors, repelling from ropes upside down swinging through windows!!! all in the middle of a multiplayer game!

One word--SICK!!

tet

R6:Vegas is pretty cool, i really enjoyed the demo.  i'm just not very good at it! 

you should both check out Gears of War... still the best game on the 360.  the online portion is just sick...

also, while not a real shooter, check out Crackdown.  that's still as much fun to play as the day i got it.  not sure if it still comes with the Halo 3 beta (which begins May 16th and runs for 3 weeks), but it's worthy of a purchase anyway.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

anyone with a 360 know if its possible to copy movies from a dvd to the harddrive?

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on May 20, 2007, 07:44:28 PM
not possible

bummer...

though i know you can DL movies and store them... correct?

anyway, i still need to learn all the random things thisd box can do... all i know how to do is play the games.
i havent even DLed the arcade games or demos or anything yet.

also, need to figure out how to upload some music to my HD, so i can rock out to personalized tunes while playin games...

we talked about it before, but i dont think the manual really covers some of the ins and outs of how to go about this stuff... maybe i just need to read it again.

it'd be nice if i could just DL some stuff to a flash drive and then up it onto the Xbox... or somethin.

just borrowed need for speed from my friend... gotta go play it!

PS.--- jedi : did you get your new console yet?  i trhought i saw you ionline last night , but i was sorta spaced out... sorry if i missed ya.