News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Help with BT config

Started by hossaepi, January 27, 2005, 02:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hossaepi

Hello all,

I changed the port forwarding on my router to open up 6881-6889.  However, bt.etree.org still shows me behind a firewall.  Is there anything I can do to change this?  I'm hovering around 10 kb/s on a cable modem, so its a little frustrating...

Thanks guys.    :)

jedifunk

gonna need a little more info that what you provided.  what type of OS are you running, etc.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

hossaepi

xp with SP2, 1.6 ghz processor, 512 DDR RAM

bt version 3.4.2

disabled windows firewall

wireless internet

thanks man....need any more info?

guyforget

So your connection goes from your modem to a wireless router and then wirelessly to you?  Can you bypass the wireless and just plug into the modem and see if you still show up as firewalled?  That way we know if its the router or your computer thats misconfigured.
-AD_

hossaepi

Just tried your suggestion guy.  Went to one of the cpu's not wireless.

Still said firewalled.  I think it might be the router, especially since this cpu runs ME.

Quick question.....when it says enter the server IP, do you enter the IP of your computer behind the firewall, the IP of the router, or your IP from your ISP.....I currently have it as my computer (ie. 192.168.0.2).

Oh, and by the way, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!  Its so awesome that you're willing to help out total strangers.....

guyforget

Im sorry that I wasnt clear before.  

What Id like you to do is connect the computer that you use for torrents directly to your modem, bypassing any router, to make sure that youre not firewalled. Then we know for sure that its the router that is what needs configured.  

Im not sure about "server IP" as thats never been an option in any of my routers.  What router are you using, brand and model?  

Its no problem helping complete strangers.  :)
-AD_

hossaepi

Netgear WGR614g....

Unfortunately, its not possible to have my cpu connect directly to the router.....desktop way too far away from the router, hence the need for wireless.....

But one of the computers on the network is plugged directly into the router.....will that not be the same use?

jephrey

Yeah, but can't you, for testing purposes, get a long cable or move the computer near the modem(not the router) and plug it directly into that?  Meaning, take the router out of the loop completely.  

And on your router, you have to open the ports for each cpu's local IP.  

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

hossaepi

thanks jeph......

turns out, im a retard, and didnt realize that I had a personal firewall with Trend Micro internet security.  Opened the ports there, and suddenly, I'm getting 127 kb/s and no brackets in the seeders/leeches page......

Thanks for all your help guys.  Its super appreciated.