News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I didn't realise mushrooms contained disease!?!

Blaise

I could sorta do without infected mushroom.

I have seen them and they are certianly crazy although they have a tendency to bring the cheese with the trance.

has anyone even heard of the bays. They are an all improv band from the uk that doesn't practice or record any musci for sale. They are incredible and have even played with herbie hancock among others. True improv masters, this scene should bow down before them.,..

Casey Lenahan

yeah all my buddies are raging for the bays
I owe Aug $20

Blaise

anyone hear the ridiculous rumor swirling around pt that trey is going to sit in at camp. Man, people say the stupidest things and others are so gulliable, but their tendency to eat up rumors such as this exposes their desire to see this and other crazy rumors materialize, however much they might rip on it at face value or on an anonymous messageboard.

Otherwise, all of my compadres are jumping ship for camp and I really don't want to drive solo but I think I need to go while I;m still young and have a little cash (gots a job now). I'm young but that scene and scenes at large really rub me the wrong way. They make me paranoid and I feel like everyone is sketchy, no matter how nice they actually are, or how little I particpate in the madness.

sophist

(4+1) x (0) = ZERO  :wink:  :evil:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: phan003 on August 11, 2007, 11:37:33 PM
(4+1) x (0) = ZERO  :wink:  :evil:

ZING!!!!!   :-P :lol:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Math is really a tough sell in the 'zing' dept.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 12, 2007, 07:46:34 AM

Square Root (-1).

Blaise

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 12, 2007, 07:46:34 AM

Ya, that shit went right over my head and was prob directed at my random comment.

Anyways, I'm leaving for camp today...Other than the biscuits I plan on seeing Telepath(great band from asheville), Adam deitch, king britt, the new originals(still won't compare to the bays), holy fuck, slick rick, sts9, ott, hallucinogen in dub, shpongle, future rock, juan maclean, orchard lounge, bustle, bassnectar, girl talk, psylab, and infected mushroom.

The nice thing is I have only seen telepath, sts9, bisco, o loune, future rock, infected m, and bassnectar from that list.

One band I won;t be seeing: Umphreys. I will be at my site getting wasted off pbrs and cheap whiskey instead. I'm tempted bc I've seen them a lot as a midwestern boy who never traveled farther then indiana for a show until about a year and a half ago (saw cheese at radio city when I was there, didn;t go there for cheese, that would be stupid). Anyways, once you see umphreys announced as the next phish and then proceed to actually hear awful shows, you have a change of heart pretty quick.

sophist

I'll explain.  Biscuit has 4 members and you added that Trey might sit in with them.  So 4 + 1, then I multiplied that sum by the level of talent I see in bisco, which is zero.  So the basic law of math is that any number multiplied by zero is always zero.  Just a little good natured ribbing on my part. 

Yes, I'm a nerd and I'm proud of it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Blaise

Quote from: phan003 on August 15, 2007, 09:08:03 AM
I'll explain.  Biscuit has 4 members and you added that Trey might sit in with them.  So 4 + 1, then I multiplied that sum by the level of talent I see in bisco, which is zero.  So the basic law of math is that any number multiplied by zero is always zero.  Just a little good natured ribbing on my part. 

Actually pretty creative (I think everyone here is a nerd, including myself). I just never picked up on the talent level of zero bc I actually like them. That trey shit is stupid anyway, I can't even believe people say stuff like that...Or I brought stupid internet stuff like that to here...

redrum

Quote from: Blaise on August 15, 2007, 08:57:01 AM
Other than the biscuits I plan on seeing Telepath(great band from asheville), Adam deitch,

seeing deitch play could be worth the trip alone (if u can really se what he's doing). he's one badass mofo, one of the downright nastiest drummers of our time, and a really nice guy. he almost moved into my place in boston but then had to quickly jump on tour with average white band. last time i bumped into him we both had a gig at the knitting factory. we played longer than they did and his band came in and checked out our set. good times!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

redrum

Quote from: Blaise on August 15, 2007, 09:33:10 AM
That trey shit is stupid anyway, I can't even believe people say stuff like that...Or I brought stupid internet stuff like that to here...

whaddya mean dOOd? trey's def sittin in yo. my bisco kidz toldz me so.  :lol:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

disco

Quote from: phan003 on August 15, 2007, 09:08:03 AM

the phanster....talent is not something you purchase, steal or stumble upon. You gots its or yous dont gots its. Trey has talent, his ability to use it and perform musically is a whole different story....and bisco, those boys can play, they just play music that is beyond you :wink: what I'm getting at is its not music or a style that you like but they also have some talent. Here's my math  (4+1) x (3-2)x 0/ 43...which of course leads you to a drastically different answer  :roll:

I also noticed that this thread is one of the longest "On Tour" threads...however we have very few bisco fans, kind crazy how bisco sucks in all the haters, I never understand why people waste their time on things they don't like. That and it leads to no discourse, I don't think I've posted in this thread because of it. Just as a courtesy to the bisco fans here it would be nice if we had our own little fourm, I don't go an crap on the panic, dead, or dmb stuff because I think the music sucks, that wouldn't benefit the people who like the band. An additionally who cares what I think of them, if anyone says "this band is shit" or "has no talent" it goes against what we are trying to do here, I'm not saying that everyone has to like the same music or agree with everthing. The paug is about rational discussions about music and all that surrounds it not only the band/style but how the discussions progess. Its not like reading something on PT where you scroll through the lines and lines of bullshit before anyone actually makes a relevant post, and I for one would like to keep it that way  :mrgreen:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20