News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: disco on September 29, 2010, 02:32:37 AM
http://www.archive.org/details/db2010-09-18.mbho.flac16

anyone check out the tractorbeam show at the mish? I heard fun was had til 3 in the am but the tapes don't hold up too well imho. Not sure if that's b/c I wasn't able to attend and that makes me feel better or what but feel free to post any thoughts on this one fellas, thx

this show was meh... story goes this was a thrown together for the last minute thing, conspirator couldn't sell enough tickets (although the show was pretty solid, brownie was having a blast, check out the video i posted) so tractor beam was announced to sell the place out. Allen was flown in before the show started and then flown back for a family reunion or something, barber didn't even have his rig, he was playing some red telecaster. the show itself had almost no jam what soever. it went from song to song just the composed parts, no real out their jams, overall weak sauce. which is why they are doing it again on 10.31.

should have just stopped at boston. top jams for me of 2010 (mostly the end bc thats all i got into bc phish stopped)
boston aceetobee end jam. and i guess shimmy>sita part
holyoke waves>boop>waves
buffalo voices>air song>voices. nughuffer, spaga, catalyst.
camp 7-11>boop. abraxas>spaga. morph.

im excited for the rest of the year epically after the sept shows.
I owe Aug $20

disco

i haven't been listening to much bisco this year other than the shows I've attended, glad I didn't try to turn my world upside down to catch the mish show.

Listening to a good deal of what I've taped and playing a bit more than i have in the past months. I know I can't really post this in any other thread and I'm sure it will get quoted but after seeing furthur last weekend (def a solid show) I know now that I would rather see some solid untz jam than a blues jam any day.  :rawk:
personal preference I guess
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Casey Lenahan

:rawk: :clap: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
I owe Aug $20

emay

Quote from: tehdead on September 29, 2010, 04:45:16 PM
Quote from: disco on September 29, 2010, 02:32:37 AM
http://www.archive.org/details/db2010-09-18.mbho.flac16

anyone check out the tractorbeam show at the mish? I heard fun was had til 3 in the am but the tapes don't hold up too well imho. Not sure if that's b/c I wasn't able to attend and that makes me feel better or what but feel free to post any thoughts on this one fellas, thx

this show was meh... story goes this was a thrown together for the last minute thing, conspirator couldn't sell enough tickets (although the show was pretty solid, brownie was having a blast, check out the video i posted) so tractor beam was announced to sell the place out. Allen was flown in before the show started and then flown back for a family reunion or something, barber didn't even have his rig, he was playing some red telecaster. the show itself had almost no jam what soever. it went from song to song just the composed parts, no real out their jams, overall weak sauce. which is why they are doing it again on 10.31.

should have just stopped at boston. top jams for me of 2010 (mostly the end bc thats all i got into bc phish stopped)
boston aceetobee end jam. and i guess shimmy>sita part
holyoke waves>boop>waves
buffalo voices>air song>voices. nughuffer, spaga, catalyst.
camp 7-11>boop. abraxas>spaga. morph.

im excited for the rest of the year epically after the sept shows.

everytime bisco  or side projecthas trouble selling tickets it seems they just announce a tratorbeam hah

thought I should throw in a link to one of my fav bisco shows

http://www.archive.org/details/db2002-10-17.flac16#

QuoteSet I: Digital Buddha > Voices Insane > I Remember When, Pilin' it High > Mr. Don > Digital Buddha, Grass Is Green, Little Lai

Set II: Mindless Dribble > Astronaut, Jigsaw Earth > (10.16>)Spaga > Jigsaw Earth > Spraypaint Victory > Jigsaw Earth, Don't Cry on Your Birthday, Spy > Mindless Dribble > House Dog Party Favor(>10.23)
Encore: Helicopters

disco

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 30, 2010, 11:45:08 AM

thought I should throw in a link to one of my fav bisco shows

http://www.archive.org/details/db2002-10-17.flac16#

QuoteSet I: Digital Buddha > Voices Insane > I Remember When, Pilin' it High > Mr. Don > Digital Buddha, Grass Is Green, Little Lai

Set II: Mindless Dribble > Astronaut, Jigsaw Earth > (10.16>)Spaga > Jigsaw Earth > Spraypaint Victory > Jigsaw Earth, Don't Cry on Your Birthday, Spy > Mindless Dribble > House Dog Party Favor(>10.23)
Encore: Helicopters

Good pick!
that first set ignites with the buddha>voices>IRW.....and set 2 is all win. I'm gonna have to go back to that one. One of the best things i ever did for bisco was listening to fall 02 in order in it's entirity. Just an amazing tour

www.week4paug.net

emay

First night of Hullaween is in the cards for me now cause I have an exam on fri morning and presentation  :frustrated: :frustrated:

1 night of bisco +ragin with the southeast friends > 2 nights phish  :clap:

thatfargone

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 27, 2010, 03:22:36 PM
First night of Hullaween is in the cards for me now cause I have an exam on fri morning and presentation  :frustrated: :frustrated:

No better way to make 3.0 Phish sound their absolute best. :clap:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Quote from: thatfargone on October 27, 2010, 09:31:51 PM

Announcer:  Ladies and gentlemen, give a hand for veteran and seasoned Pauger Thatfargone. 

Commentator 1: He's really come into his own this tour.  It's especially refreshing after his rough summer outing where he was plagued with internal issues within the board. 

Commentator 2: It's safe to say that many thought he would go the way of Richft, we fully expected packages of dynamite to be shipped out this fall. 

Commentator 1: His stats are solid this tour.  He's up 15 points on 3rd tier jam band bashing, his tact with sarcasm is well refined, and he's leading the push for the double standard of the jaded vet movement.  Phish is hot one night, and they're milky like a Cleveland steamer the next night.   

Commentator 2:  I'm getting all kinds of excited to see how he handles this Atlantic City run, I expect tons of dirty hooker metaphors and allusions to the days pure Phish rage. 

:wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thatfargone

Serious lols on that Sophist. 

And it isn't a double standard since it is pretty much a fact that they suck some nights. :-P (ie. See Providence)

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Quote from: thatfargone on October 28, 2010, 09:50:47 AM

And it isn't a double standard since it is pretty much a fact that they suck some nights. :-P (ie. See Providence)
I know.  I'm just being my usual dickish and smart ass self. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thatfargone

Quote from: sophist on October 28, 2010, 09:55:11 AM
Quote from: thatfargone on October 28, 2010, 09:50:47 AM

I know.  I'm just being my usual dickish and smart ass self.

Oh I know, me too.  Feels good!   :beers:

Fiiiiiive huuuundeeeed miiillliionnnn hagaghgagaghgahghaghghahg toooons of steeleeeeeellelleleleeeee!! GAAAGGAHHAGA!

justjezmund

Quote from: sophist on October 28, 2010, 08:17:17 AM

Announcer:  Ladies and gentlemen, give a hand for veteran and seasoned Pauger Thatfargone. 

Commentator 1: He's really come into his own this tour.  It's especially refreshing after his rough summer outing where he was plagued with internal issues within the board. 

Commentator 2: It's safe to say that many thought he would go the way of Richft, we fully expected packages of dynamite to be shipped out this fall. 

Commentator 1: His stats are solid this tour.  He's up 15 points on 3rd tier jam band bashing, his tact with sarcasm is well refined, and he's leading the push for the double standard of the jaded vet movement.  Phish is hot one night, and they're milky like a Cleveland steamer the next night.   

Commentator 2:  I'm getting all kinds of excited to see how he handles this Atlantic City run, I expect tons of dirty hooker metaphors and allusions to the days pure Phish rage. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

ph92

Quote from: JustJezmund on October 28, 2010, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: sophist on October 28, 2010, 08:17:17 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
he said it right
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Casey Lenahan

How was hullaween??

heres the ladies jam from tractor beam on 10/31
I owe Aug $20

disco

I hope that ladies jam is similar to one I'm enjoying now

haven't heard a lick of the recent run, not even sure what they played.....
been hard to find solid music time as well but I picked out 9-14-01 to jam tonight
the first set has a nice patient, "opposite jam" (jon is playing very light airy & brownie has a really dirty filter on, but it balances well)
starts up early in spaga, maybe 4-5 mins in. Builds some nice steam.

The Disco Biscuits
2001-09-14
The Rave
Milwaukee, WI   

DSBD

DISC ONE:
Set One:
1. Magellan
2. Spaga >
3. And the Ladies Were the Rest of the Night
4. Munchkin Invasion >
5. Jam > Munchkin Invasion

DISC TWO:
Set Two:
1. Bazaar Escape
2. Floes
3. Boogie Stop Shuffle

DISC THREE:
1. Astronaut >
2. 7-11 >
3. Floodlights >
4. Run Like Hell

DISC FOUR:
E:
1. Banter
2. Coat
3. Jigsaw Earth*

* With '7-11' tease

www.week4paug.net