News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: PleasedDog on October 04, 2011, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: tehdead on October 04, 2011, 01:22:04 PM
Just thought Id give back to those who've given me

http://www.mediafire.com/?jcyh0eq8wil3x#0,1

enjoy that link  :wink: Finally got back all the biscuit shows I lost when my HD crashed  :crazy:
Sooo what show would you recommend to someone who is still willing to give this band one more chance?
I saw these guys a long time ago in Tulsa, and I remember thinking it was cool. Then I saw the Red Rocks Mirrors video on YouTube and it was slightly revolting. So what show changed your perspective of the Disco Biscuits?

http://dumpcity.47.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=7

there are some more links.

check out 2007-05-21 and 2009-09-24, as well as 2001-09-01 and 2002-10-05. I'm pretty sure those are regarded as the some of the best shows. I'm a Bisco n00b, and I'm not the biggest fan, but I like what I heard from these shows. Also check out the Magellan from RR '10. That's jam is out of this world. Very Bowie-esque.

Oh, and did you see that mirrors video on Mollys FB wall? I posted it bc she's one of those kids who never listens to teh jamz and changes the song as soon as the band is finished singing, and that song is pretty "listener-friendly", so I figured she would dig it.

But yeah, listen to that Magellan. I guarantee you will dig the shit out of it. It reminds me so much of a Bowie jam. They released it on DVD. If you want, I'll send you the torrent like for the DVD. It has the two Red Rocks Inferno shows from '09 and '10.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

ph92

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 04, 2011, 04:03:18 PM

enjoy that link  :wink: Finally got back all the biscuit shows I lost when my HD crashed  :crazy:
Sooo what show would you recommend to someone who is still willing to give this band one more chance?
I saw these guys a long time ago in Tulsa, and I remember thinking it was cool. Then I saw the Red Rocks Mirrors video on YouTube and it was slightly revolting. So what show changed your perspective of the Disco Biscuits?

check out 2007-05-21 and 2009-09-24, as well as 2001-09-01 and 2002-10-05. I'm pretty sure those are regarded as the some of the best shows. I'm a Bisco n00b, and I'm not the biggest fan, but I like what I heard from these shows. Also check out the Magellan from RR '10. That's jam is out of this world. Very Bowie-esque.

Oh, and did you see that mirrors video on Mollys FB wall? I posted it bc she's one of those kids who never listens to teh jamz and changes the song as soon as the band is finished singing, and that song is pretty "listener-friendly", so I figured she would dig it.

But yeah, listen to that Magellan. I guarantee you will dig the shit out of it. It reminds me so much of a Bowie jam. They released it on DVD. If you want, I'll send you the torrent like for the DVD. It has the two Red Rocks Inferno shows from '09 and '10.
I thought you didnt like the biscuits?
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Casey Lenahan

Heres that Magellan Jam you were speaking of

I owe Aug $20

Lifeboy

Quote from: phishhead92 on October 07, 2011, 08:45:15 AM

I found some stuff I like, obviously. I found more things I didn't like, but there are some good jams here and there.

Quote from: tehdead on October 07, 2011, 01:31:33 PM
Heres that Magellan Jam you were speaking of

yeah, but the part of the jam I really dig is before this clip.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ph92

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 07, 2011, 05:29:47 PM

I found some stuff I like, obviously. I found more things I didn't like, but there are some good jams here and there.

For sure, I just really dig their shows (besides the shitty e-tards) but its just one big party :-D
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Lifeboy

Quote from: phishhead92 on October 07, 2011, 05:41:36 PM

For sure, I just really dig their shows (besides the shitty e-tards) but its just one big party :-D

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people who hate on The Biscuits hate on it bc it's the cool thing to do bc most phans hate them (that's not directed towards anybody here, as most of the guys here know what they're talking about when it comes to music). I used to think the biscuits were complete crap bc I had only heard a handful of shows and little did I know that they were regarded as bad shows among tDB community. I've definitely heard some shows that I REALLY dig over the last few weeks (but also some shows that were complete crap). 2009 features some really great improvisation.

But yeah it just seems like some of the people who hate on tDB have never listened to a single show, and just hate on them bc it's "the cool thing to do". I wouldn't say I love the band, but there are definitely some bad ass jams out there if you just listen.

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 11, 2011, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on October 07, 2011, 05:41:36 PM

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people who hate on The Biscuits hate on it bc it's the cool thing to do bc most phans hate them (that's not directed towards anybody here, as most of the guys here know what they're talking about when it comes to music). I used to think the biscuits were complete crap bc I had only heard a handful of shows and little did I know that they were regarded as bad shows among tDB community. I've definitely heard some shows that I REALLY dig over the last few weeks (but also some shows that were complete crap). 2009 features some really great improvisation.

But yeah it just seems like some of the people who hate on tDB have never listened to a single show, and just hate on them bc it's "the cool thing to do". I wouldn't say I love the band, but there are definitely some bad ass jams out there if you just listen.

that's what the biscuits is all about the jams they know how to improvise and extend their jams and go places they and there fans want to go, I mean there not a show after show after show excellent but they incorporate all these kinds of music into this new sound that makes people dance, and that's what music is all about, listening and dancing. And Ive been to plenty of shows sober, or maybe drank a 6 pack and enjoyed their shows, but I also get "IT" when it comes to the biscuits, just like how non Phish fans don't get "IT". The songs grow on you and then you know what to expect from certain songs and when somthing extra happens its noticeable and they do have some real deep dirty jams. as well as some good good peaks, and great melodies.
Ima HUGE fan of spring 07, probably my fav period.

actually I got a mix of some awesome peaks and melodies ill up them tonight.
I owe Aug $20

Lifeboy

Word, thanks. Look forward to listening to it.

Spring '07 and summer '09 feature some of the best Biscuits I've heard yet. I watched the Stubbs DVD from 2009-09-19 a few nights back. Pretty good show. There is also an interview video from that show and they all talk about how 2009 has just been unreal for them and how they have been killing it. Barber looks like he's rolling his balls off though. Pretty funny.

I've heard nothing but bad things about 2010 and '11, but I put a few shows on the ipod that I heard were good.

Listened to 2011-04-14 last night. First set wasn't very good, but the second set was pretty smokin'.

Got 04/15 on deck for today.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2009, 03:06:28 PM
I haven't locked this thread yet?
:-P

Also, because Lifeboy mentioned the 2002-10-05 show as being "regarded as the [one] of the best shows" I feel obliged to point out that I was in attendance as it was at a festival in my town.

That shit sucked.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2011, 08:00:43 PM

Also, because Lifeboy mentioned the 2002-10-05 show as being "regarded as the [one] of the best shows" I feel obliged to point out that I was in attendance as it was at a festival in my town.

That shit sucked.

I listened to it, and it definitely doesn't live up to the hype imo, but I still enjoyed it. From my understanding, RJ, you don't really like any other "jam bands" outside of Phish and the GD, so I wouldn't expect you to like it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

But with the Biscuits, I don't get a lot of the shows that are regarded as 'good'.

With that being said, there is definitely some jams that I found to be quite enjoyable, improv-wise.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 12, 2011, 08:22:46 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2011, 08:00:43 PM

That shit sucked.

I listened to it, and it definitely doesn't live up to the hype imo, but I still enjoyed it. From my understanding, RJ, you don't really like any other "jam bands" outside of Phish and the GD, so I wouldn't expect you to like it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

But with the Biscuits, I don't get a lot of the shows that are regarded as 'good'.

With that being said, there is definitely some jams that I found to be quite enjoyable, improv-wise.

I like other bands. Many of them jam.

Lifeboy

Are they the ones the sometimes improvise for 20+ minutes?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 12, 2011, 09:51:45 PM
Are they the ones the sometimes improvise for 20+ minutes?

Sure.