News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DISCO BISCUITS

Started by woodsyn2o, April 24, 2007, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2011, 08:00:43 PM

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2009, 03:06:28 PM
I haven't locked this thread yet?
:-P

Also, because Lifeboy mentioned the 2002-10-05 show as being "regarded as the [one] of the best shows" I feel obliged to point out that I was in attendance as it was at a festival in my town.

That shit sucked.

Hey at least he was there :-D

O Life Boy megaupload isnt working tonight ill upload them tomorrow
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Quote from: tehdead on October 13, 2011, 02:04:05 AM

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2009, 03:06:28 PM
I haven't locked this thread yet?
:-P

Also, because Lifeboy mentioned the 2002-10-05 show as being "regarded as the [one] of the best shows" I feel obliged to point out that I was in attendance as it was at a festival in my town.

That shit sucked.

Hey at least he was there :-D

I was there for the good bands.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: zimbra on October 12, 2011, 08:14:06 PM

That shit sucked.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
LOL
I think they are definitely a band that appeals to a certain audience.  One of which I am not a part of.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 13, 2011, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: zimbra on October 12, 2011, 08:14:06 PM

That shit sucked.

LOL
I think they are definitely a band that appeals to a certain audience.  One of which I am not a part of.

+

+

=

A biscuits show.

Oh yeah, with shitty music. I just couldn't find a picture that represented that.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

zimbra

^^^

I wonder if this is turning another thread into a mcgrupp vs lifeboy debate?

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

That wasn't directed towards lifeboy at all. Those are just the things that pop into my head when I think about the Disco Biscuits. And yes, I have (unfortunately) seen them live. Well, if hearing the first 3 songs and then walking out counts.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

zimbra

Quote from: McGrupp on October 13, 2011, 02:28:06 PM

That wasn't directed towards lifeboy at all. Those are just the things that pop into my head when I think about the Disco Biscuits. And yes, I have (unfortunately) seen them live. Well, if hearing the first 3 songs and then walking out counts.

Somebody keeps knocking my karma these past few weeks I wonder who it is?!?!  :-o
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: zimbra on October 13, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Somebody keeps knocking my karma these past few weeks I wonder who it is?!?!  :-o

well you got to stay past 3 songs thats when the h33t comes and 2nd set goodies
I owe Aug $20

McGrupp

Quote from: tehdead on October 13, 2011, 03:39:14 PM

well you got to stay past 3 songs thats when the h33t comes and 2nd set goodies

I may have only seen them live once (ish) but I've given them plenty of chances. Youtube vids, live releases, etc.

Not my thing.

McGrupp

Man... that really sucks. Cause karma really means a lot on this board, y'know? Smiting someone is monumental, definitely not a passive aggressive act of self-assurance.  :roll: :wink:

Lifeboy

There is definitely more stuff I've heard that I didn't like than stuff I like, so I don't think I would go out of my way to see them. If they were playing close, I would prob go see them, and I'm sure I would be underwhelmed.

But like I said, I have found some moments of improv that I definitely dig, but that's may 15-30 minutes out of an hour and a half set. There are a few sets I've heard that are good as a whole, but those seem a bit too far and few in between. Although......we're lucky to get that with phish now days, but at least with them I can enjoy the show without there huge jams.

I don't like this band enough to defend them, so knock yourself out, guys.

Oh, and the karma thing is ser biz. seriously. I probably +k people more than I should

...but it wasn't me if that's what you were assuming, jack.

now gtfo  :wink:

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

zimbra

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 13, 2011, 04:01:49 PM
There is definitely more stuff I've heard that I didn't like than stuff I like, so I don't think I would go out of my way to see them. If they were playing close, I would prob go see them, and I'm sure I would be underwhelmed.

But like I said, I have found some moments of improv that I definitely dig, but that's may 15-30 minutes out of an hour and a half set. There are a few sets I've heard that are good as a whole, but those seem a bit too far and few in between. Although......we're lucky to get that with phish now days, but at least with them I can enjoy the show without there huge jams.

I don't like this band enough to defend them, so knock yourself out, guys.

Oh, and the karma thing is ser biz. seriously. I probably +k people more than I should

...but it wasn't me if that's what you were assuming, jack.

now gtfo  :wink:

hahah I don't I would of smited you !  :evil:
- Trey Anastasio

Casey Lenahan

okay back to Bisness

I love this jam!

I owe Aug $20

Lifeboy

Do you have the Bisco Inferno DVD? I watched the '09 show, and it's not all that great, but I've heard good things about the 2010 show. I haven't watched it yet, and the only thing I have heard from that show is the Magellan we talked about. That jam is just so fucking good. I've said it before, but it reminds me SO much of a Bowie jam.

So good.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Casey Lenahan

nope dont got it, just watched some clips on the tube thats it
I owe Aug $20