News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

who knows the best way to transfer cassette to digital?

Started by westcider, May 30, 2007, 10:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

So my father wants to transfer a bunch of his vinyl to the computer, so he can listen to songs on his iPod and a lot of his records have never been released digitally.  Circuit City sold him some DVD hardware/software to transfer VHS to your PC, but it only creates .ifo, .vob, .bup etc. and won't work. Of course, it's too late to return it now.  I'm thinking the process would be the same as transferring a cassette to your PC, just plug the record player into a receiver and go from the line out RCAs, through a converter (the above mentioned Tascam US-122) and into USB.  Then record using Audacity.

I should mention that he is by no means an audiophile and isn't looking to drop $100.  He only wants it for 15 - 20 songs.  Is there something simpler than that Tascam US-122 that isn't a piece of garbage?

[edit: I just figured it out.  It's just the software that came with the VHS > DVD thing he bought that's the problem.  He can just use Audacity to record/capture the audio instead]