News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

a metadata database for live shows, does one exist? if not, then why not?

Started by haleakalari, May 31, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleakalari

would it not be amazing if there was a software client for auto-tagging/adding metadata to flac, ogg, mp3 files etc... that derived its data from queries to a database of live shows and the like off of the archive and db.etree.org? would it not be amazing if this database itself actually existed? i gave up on tagging my music in general a long while ago, because i have never heard of or found such an auto-tagging client, or such a database of metadata, and a substantially large portion of my music collection is composed of live shows. is there such a client or database and if not, why has one not come into existence yet? i mean would it not make keeping your personal archive of shows in check massively easier?
The bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

jephrey

I made my own auto tagger using VB and the text file.  It comes from that text (that has to be formatted properly), but works like a champ.  I was going to make something for others here, but lost interest.  Most of "us" have our own personal methods and such.  I am anal and things have to work right in iTunes, in the finder, and for archival, so my naming and tagging convention is very streamlined...  For me.  I wouldn't doubt that others do it way differently and it suits them just fine.

meh.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

haleakalari

i don't know, i just wish i could query archive.org or db.etree.org with a tag editor, just like one would query freedb.org. it would be nice.

sls.stormyrider

there are plug ins for firefox that will allow you to search using MD5 (if the source itself is in db) or shnid
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Foobar2000 has a plugin available called 'Traders Friend' which reads etree standard .txt files and tags flacs.

This is why you sometimes see me growlinbg about wacked .txt files...

haleakalari

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 01, 2007, 07:13:05 AM
Foobar2000 has a plugin available called 'Traders Friend' which reads etree standard .txt files and tags flacs.

This is why you sometimes see me growlinbg about wacked .txt files...

another good reason to keep my old windows computer around. i definitely will check this plugin out.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

if it doesn't work, LMK and I will try to send you those files

haleakalari

Quote from: slslbs on June 01, 2007, 05:11:33 PM
if it doesn't work, LMK and I will try to send you those files

thanks a bunch :] i am going to try both the foobar plugin and the firefox one (if i can find it) on my windows machine tonight. i will tell you how it goes.

edit: i have been a bit lazy so have not tried either out yet, but will stand by the statement above, ^, minus the word "tonight".