News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

I raised both my girls on phish/dead/beatles etc.
I should post my 11 yo daughters ipod library. Its shocking.
I would rather go deaf than to listen to most of the stuff she listens to.
She does have Reba, Bertha, and a healthy contingent of Beatles songs, but the rest...  :frustrated:

I blame the schools

Paug FTMFW!

Ri©h

My kids love the Beatles. LOVE them. Yellow Submarine, All You Need Is Love, Octopus' Garden... etc. The song they really go nuts for is Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. I sure hope they hold onto the music my wife and I are sharing with them now. I agree with birdman. I'd rather go deaf than listen to the shit that's passed off as music today. Save a handful of wonderful Indie bands I've discovered in recent years.

I used to sing a slow version of Fee to put my son to sleep when he was a baby. He doesn't remember it, obviously, but laughs every time Millie slices Floyd on the nipple when he hears it now.  :-D

I figure I'll let them choose the direction they want to go with their musical choices as they should have that freedom, imo. Funny thing is...  some of the stuff I thought was cheesy that my parents listened to I have now found to be really, really good music.

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on April 17, 2009, 06:11:48 PM
She does have Reba, Bertha, and a healthy contingent of Beatles songs, but the rest...  :frustrated:

I blame the schools

I have the same problem with my 12y/old.
I have recently given her, at her request, the entire Beatles catalog for her iTunes.

Don't give up hope.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 17, 2009, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: birdman on April 17, 2009, 06:11:48 PM

I blame the schools

I have the same problem with my 12y/old.
I have recently given her, at her request, the entire Beatles catalog for her iTunes.

Don't give up hope.

qft
There will have to be some rebellion from the parents music as kids will go through that stage that leads them to believe we are embarrassing.  But eventually they will come around and realize how great our music is and it will be easy for them to get into it because they heard it growing up.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 17, 2009, 01:54:26 PM
:lol: Yeah, I get exactly nine days off...  :wink:

The little miss and I were rocking out to Vegas '96 yesterday afternoon--she's in the just-walking stage; her dance is feet planted, pumping her knees up & down. Still funky.

Just watched a video clip of my daughter when she was at that stage--hilarious!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Mr Minor

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on April 17, 2009, 10:50:59 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 17, 2009, 01:54:26 PM
:lol: Yeah, I get exactly nine days off...  :wink:

The little miss and I were rocking out to Vegas '96 yesterday afternoon--she's in the just-walking stage; her dance is feet planted, pumping her knees up & down. Still funky.

Just watched a video clip of my daughter when she was at that stage--hilarious!

My daughter does that bopping in place thing right now.  She can't walk but she will hold herself up on something and do a funky dance.

Ironically, not unlike many people at a  :phish:  show.   :wink:

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i'm far from being a parent.... but this photo is the greatness that my younger cousins are.... and yes, i've changed every one of their diapers at one time or another....  i'm sad to be missing this family beach trip..... this is after a Durham Bulls game, during the fireworks, mid drive to Holden beach...

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

Sweet bump Mandi.

We just got back from a long weekend in the Adirondacks with 3 generations of my family: 16 adults, 3 kids (2 & under). The baies were all second cousins. Sunday night it was my generation only around the dinner table--ten of us ranging from 36 (me) down to 19, all first cousins, with the first three of the next generation sleeping down the hall. Great times.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

willsteele

Nice to both of yall.

Let me just say...  I fucking love being a parent.   :-D

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Undermind

My daughter (almost 3) always asks to listen to My Soul in the car.   She's been on a Wilson kick of late though!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

kellerb

Is it bad that the only reason I want to be a parent is to play great music for them?

Mr Minor

Quote from: Undermind on July 07, 2009, 09:41:26 PM
My daughter (almost 3) always asks to listen to My Soul in the car.   She's been on a Wilson kick of late though!

:rockout:

My son keeps wanting me to sing "the car song", aka Contact, and always asks about tabs lying around wondering if they are "Fluffyhead" so I can play it for him.

sunrisevt

Quote from: kellerb on July 07, 2009, 11:57:01 PM
Is it bad that the only reason I want to be a parent is to play great music for them?

Probably not. It's a good impulse.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

UncleEbinezer

This thread is definite need of some bumpage...

Anyhow, I discovered the Thrift Store is a pretty good place for these outdoor toys.  Found this slide for $7!

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D