News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Buffalo Budd

All you folks with babies, get ready.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jasonsobel

kids never cease to surprise/amaze me.  My kid in particular, at 7 years old.  We're driving home from a week long camping trip in NH earlier today.  It was actually a pretty quiet drive, she was just playing some games and doing her thing.  Randomly, she just starts cracking up, laughing in hysterics.  I asked her what was so funny, and she replied "poop jokes never get old, do they".  totally awesome.  And no, poop jokes never get old.

fast forward 45 minutes or so, things are pretty quiet again, and out of the blue she says "if she got more votes, you'd think Hillary would have won, right?"  I really try hard not to talk about politics too much when she's around.  Because at 7, she shouldn't have to worry about that crap.  But kids pick up on things, and she was really excited for Hillary (I let her stay up on election night as long as she wanted, rather than her usual 7pm bedtime).  The stuff that goes through her mind continues to fascinate me.

in any case, awesome camping trip.  And my daughter has now hiked her first of NH's 4000 footers...

sing me back home before I die

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

pcr3

You're doing it right.  :clap:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

kellerb

7pm bedtime?! that's craisins.  Does bedtime go earlier after toddler stage?  My 1.75yo basically has a 9pm bedtime.  (but thank jeebus he can handle a flexible schedule because we're terrible about sticking to the schedule)

antelope19

Quote from: kellerb on July 02, 2017, 05:03:52 PM
7pm bedtime?! that's craisins.  Does bedtime go earlier after toddler stage?  My 1.75yo basically has a 9pm bedtime.  (but thank jeebus he can handle a flexible schedule because we're terrible about sticking to the schedule)

Craisins? We've had a really strict sleep schedule with our almost 2 year old and she's slept through the night from the beginning because of it. We've really only missed the 7 pm bedtime 2-3 times. I thought my wife was insane at first, but it worked so well that we're getting ready to start it again with baby #2.

ETA: I just realized that could come off a little "you're doing it wrong" and that was not the intention.  :-) It has worked really well for us though.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

I'm with Keller.  My dudes get later and later.  9 is about when the start getting tired now.  7 is definitely craisins.  They are ready to fuck shit up at 7.

jasonsobel

I sometimes push the bedtime to 7:30 or 8 these days, but really, she's tired and ready for bed at 7pm.  She sleeps 11-12 hours, every night.  And it gives me a few hours in the evening to get stuff done, so I want to keep a good thing going as long as possibly can :)  She's always been an awesome sleeper.
sing me back home before I die

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: jasonsobel on July 02, 2017, 10:49:01 PM
I sometimes push the bedtime to 7:30 or 8 these days, but really, she's tired and ready for bed at 7pm.  She sleeps 11-12 hours, every night.  And it gives me a few hours in the evening to get stuff done, so I want to keep a good thing going as long as possibly can :)  She's always been an awesome sleeper.

That's where I'm at.
Oldest is 7, youngest 3 and they are usually in bed by 7:30 with the odd exception.
It's what they're used to and always seemed to work.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Our six year old's bedtime is technically 8:00 but in practice she isn't usually done with story time and in bed until 8:30. 

She wakes up every morning at 6 or 6:30, so no way would I ever put her down any earlier than 8. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Just came across Beat Bugs on Netflix.
Its an animated show about a group of garden bugs who go on adventures and sing Beatles tunes.  Pretty cool.
Just watched the Drive My Car episode which has Chris Cornell singing.

Buffalo Budd

Our youngest, Sadie, working on her hang skills.

mattstick

Feeling like almost 4 months is the perfect age...