News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

ipod car player questions

Started by adavem, June 20, 2007, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adavem

does anyone have any recomendations and feedback.thinking of getting one and want one thats going to be reliable

jedifunk

are you looking for an FM transmitter (dont they suck 95% of the time)...

for in car systems, the harmon kardon kit is really sweet but might be overkill.
http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default.aspx

my next car is gonna have one, unless it has built in ipod/computer nav system already
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Ha, I actually bought a tape, yes I said tape converter, because my car has both tape/cd, for 2 bucks off of Dealmac.com and it works just fine for me.  Aside from having volume issues from IPOD > Tape > car stereo, it works just fine.  I just turn the volume on the actual IPOD down a bit and it works like a champ.  There is a little hiss on certain recordings, but it's no worse, IMO, than getting the static from the radio station.  My reasoning, I like to take roadtrips, and the idea of having to change radio stations when going from one area to another seemed like a pain in the arse to me.  Plus, for 2 bucks with free shipping, umm, you can't really beat that!  
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on June 20, 2007, 10:01:35 AM

My sentiments exactly!!!

jedifunk

antelope... have you seen this?  pocketdock! thing is awesome...
http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/lineout-fw.html

now i use one in my car that has an aux in, but it will boost your sound quality a bit... mainly because the headphone jack on the ipod sucks, and this plugs into the dock connector thus giving you digital line out, so the sound quality is better.

they also make a A/V version that has digital video out, and s-video... i recommend this highly
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

How would that work if I have my charger going into the dock? 

rowjimmy

Tape adapter all the way, bitches!
* rowjimmy kicks it old skool.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 20, 2007, 10:32:04 AM

And besides, doesn't that pleasant hiss take you back to the days of XLII's!!!!!   :-D

metalzone58

Quote from: jedifunk on June 20, 2007, 10:01:35 AM
Ive had 3 of them and they all sucked

metalzone58

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 20, 2007, 10:32:04 AM
I had real bad sound quality issues, using the tape adapter

August

I rocked the tape adapter for about 2-3 years.
I bought a new deck with a front aux in, but have yet to use it.  :|
I'm sure it rules, though.
a

antelope19

Quote from: August on June 20, 2007, 10:52:03 AM
I rocked the tape adapter for about 2-3 years.
I bought a new deck with a front aux in, but have yet to use it.  :|
I'm sure it rules, though.
a

Is it a "headphone jack" on the front of the deck?  If so, I have an extra chord from a while ago, that, believe it or not, I used to plug my walkman into my cd player because I didn't have any shows on disc at that time.  :lol:  But, once I located it, I'd be happy to mail to you if it would help. 

August

Quote from: antelope19 on June 20, 2007, 10:56:16 AM
Is it a "headphone jack" on the front of the deck?  If so, I have an extra chord from a while ago, that, believe it or not, I used to plug my walkman into my cd player because I didn't have any shows on disc at that time.  :lol:  But, once I located it, I'd be happy to mail to you if it would help. 

Thanks for the offer!
I have the quarter inch cable but never got around to using my mp3 player in my car since i installed the new deck.
Feel free to send me an 80gb ipod (white) though.
a

antelope19

Quote from: August on June 20, 2007, 10:58:20 AM
Thanks for the offer!
I have the quarter inch cable but never got around to using my mp3 player in my car since i installed the new deck.
Feel free to send me an 80gb ipod (white) though.
a

With Pollock Stickers, I mean Artwork?