News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Opening Ports and Firewall

Started by Spacey2001, February 05, 2005, 12:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacey2001

I have reached a wall. :shock:

I can not seem to get passed this firewall or open my ports. I have read every bit of help that I could find but to no avail.

Here is what my setup looks like; I use a Toshiba Satlite laptop with the Windows XP operating system, my BT Client is Azureus 2.0.2.2. Normally, opening the firewall is just a slight configuration in the windows firewall settings and this I can nail down. Here is where it has become tricky. My father just put the computer on a wireless network. The wireless network Module is an Apple Airport Express. Without this, my NAT/Firewall problem does not exist, with it I can no find way to open the ports.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I should do? It helps us all out in the long run.

Please Help!
:D

Email address: Spacefunk2001@hotmail.com

jedifunk

you probably need to download the new airport express firmware for xp (and perhaps airport 4.1 for xp) from apples website.  once you do that, i could probably help you out a little more.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Spacey2001

I have downloaded Apple Airport 4.1 for windows (This Airpost Express that I have is the new one, do I still need 4.1?). I also will be downloading the firmware next.

What should I do next?