News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Reconnect to a torrent to seed

Started by Mingus, July 23, 2007, 12:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingus

I looked around and couldn't find an answer to this.

I have a show that I would like to seed.  I downloaded it a long time ago and have since removed it from Utorrent.  I can't "leave the client open after the download finishes" because its no longer listed in my client.   I found the torrent with one person seeding it and would like to reconnect to seed along with that person so that there are multiple people seeding.  It has the same filename.  Can this be done?  I don't want to start a new seed if someone else is already seeding.  It seems pointless to have multiple torrents of the same show/files.
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 24, 2007, 10:34:02 PM
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

actually, now that i think of it, this might have been the best concert ever

sls.stormyrider

if you d/l the torrent from the tracker and point utorrent to where the show is on your HD, utorrent will first "check" the files you have, and then start seeding.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Mingus

Thanks slsbs.  So just connect to the torrent as if I was trying to download it and have the show in the download location?

I just found a show that I have that has no seeders or peers.  It's the same filesize and the flac fingerprints are the same.  I'm sure it's the same one because I remember that it was a source new to circulation and it's the copy of that source that I see.  I connected to it and it says downloading.  I'll wait awhile and see if it switches from from downloading to seeding.

I'm just trying to contribute because i just made my very first ISO request.

This is the torrent.  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=24690
...ian anderson couldnt sing worth a damn and was wearing purple spandex pants with a bulge i could see from 20 rows back...

sls.stormyrider

that should do it - if the file was renamed then the torrent won't recognize it (unless you change the name to match)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Mingus

Thanks again slslbs.

I changed the folder name back to what it should be.  When I first started downloading shows I changed a couple names to what I wanted.  I've since learned that it's important not to mess with the naming format.  It rechecked and it's seeding.  Thanks for the help!