News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

another ipod question

Started by adavem, August 23, 2007, 06:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adavem

when i first started loading my 80gb ipod,i was afraid of shrinking disc space on computer so i didnt sync my music.so if something happens to my pod i'm screwed.i'm think of getting an external drive so i have lots of extra space.is there anyway i can copy all my music back to my new drive?

tet

yes, there are many apps that will transfer from an iPod back to a computer.  do you use a Mac or PC?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

i usually use senuti (thats itunes backwards ;) )
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

doctorron

"iPod Rip(per)" or something named similar is GREAT for the 'Pod to OSX.  Haven't researched this for a PC.  It's all over in the shareware/freeware areas, or should be!

Good luck!

Ron

adavem

tet

-Phish

jedifunk

ehh, all those suck...... except for senuti ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

either way, you might want an external drive (or lots of dvds) to back up your itunes. otherwise, if something happens to your ipod, you'll be screwed.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cimsm

I've transferred my music from my iPod to my computer with no software/freeware.  My iPod is formatted as a hard drive, and then I just plugged it in, closed iTunes, and opened the drive (iPod.)  Then selected "show hidden files/folders."  Selected and dragged the music files onto my desktop, then transferred back into iTunes.
Am I missing something here? :?

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on August 23, 2007, 06:54:47 PM
ehh, all those suck...... except for senuti ;)
agreed, but that is only for Mac (last time i checked), and is all i use now.  i've tried all of them, and senuti does kick ass :beers:
-Phish

adavem

i know its not free,but has anyone here ever used anapod?sounds like a pretty good program.