News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

SHOW REVIEWS

Started by Blaise, February 10, 2005, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

I thought it would be interesting to create a post where people can discuss recent shows they have seen and are going to see. This forum could be open to reviews of shows or even questions of's who's going to what. I know a lot of people are probalbly going to the tsunami benefit tonight and I would love to hear about it first hand. My inspiration for this post is STS9 tour at the moment though. I caught them in milwaukee last night and am all geared up for chicago this weekend. Last night was a fantastic show with one of the best moonsockets I have ever heard and a great integration of their new material, ie music us(?, great new song). I should also warn allen that if you like a more orgainc tribe, skip the pitt(?) show. They are integrating samples more and more now but I really like the direction they are headed in, some great female vocal samples made a few songs last night. I'll agree that their guitarist is somewhat weak but he was on last night imho(i'd take signal paths guitarist any day though). Of course, if any one in their band could snap like, or was even remotely as talented as the drummer, they might be invincible. Anyways, I have heard nothing but good things about this tour so go buy tickets. Otherwise I am very interested to hear about some other shows of late...

guyforget

I saw STS9 + The Perceptionists (Akrobatiks, Mr. Lif, Dj Fakts One) in Pittsburgh last night.  Great show.  The Perceptionists were good openers and had all the hippies bouncin and swayin like real hiphoppers.  STS9 brought them back to their stinky selves and had 'em stankin' even more by setbreak.  The show last night was better than the last I saw of them in DC last year.  They seem to have found a better balance between the streamlined sampling and electronic additions and their original organic dnb style.  I only saw one taper and he wasnt very friendly when I attempted smalltalk about his rig.  He didnt seem very happy for some reason...  Hope to see it show up on the LLama.  

If STS9 comes nearby on this tour I recommend checking them out.  If The Perceptionists come around and youre even vaguely into hiphop you should definitely check them out too.  I had a great time with both.
-AD_