News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 27, 2011, 09:26:25 AM
was at uncleb's last night, and he dropped this mcbain from this show:

4/6/08 The NorVA - Norfolk, VA

1:   It > Blue Jeans Pizza > Recreational Chemistry > Spine of a Dog
2:   Queen of Everything* > Moth, McBain > George > Yodelittle > Buster > Yodelittle
E:   Raise a Glass, All Roads Lead to Home > Okayalright
     This completes the "Yodelittle" of 4/4/08. * With "Third Stone from the Sun" (Jimi Hendrix) tease.

Was easily one of my favorite attended moe shows, was wondering what you thought of it bvaz, or if you'd heard it.
I haven't listened to it for a while but I remember the show getting high praise.  I throw on the stroudsberg show from that run all the time, but I think I remember this being up there with it..  looks fun on paper.

assuming those are real segues, two pauses and one of them was to get all the fans off the stage after RAG.

mcbain>george>yode>buster>yode.  that'd be some crazy stuff, and that is after a 1st set rec chem
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

gah

Quote from: bvaz on July 27, 2011, 11:27:59 AM

2:   Queen of Everything* > Moth, McBain > George > Yodelittle > Buster > Yodelittle
     This completes the "Yodelittle" of 4/4/08. * With "Third Stone from the Sun" (Jimi Hendrix) tease.

Was easily one of my favorite attended moe shows, was wondering what you thought of it bvaz, or if you'd heard it.
I haven't listened to it for a while but I remember the show getting high praise.  I throw on the stroudsberg show from that run all the time, but I think I remember this being up there with it..  looks fun on paper.

assuming those are real segues, two pauses and one of them was to get all the fans off the stage after RAG.

mcbain>george>yode>buster>yode.  that'd be some crazy stuff, and that is after a 1st set rec chem

Yeah, I remember walking in on the rec chem, for soe reason I'd thought they had an opener that night so was late, but that was the highlight for me, until we started listenign to that mcbain which blew my mind yesterday. But yeah, they were real segues...I need to give it a spin again when I get home tonight. Can you up the stroudsberg show (sendspace or megaupload)?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 27, 2011, 01:00:36 PM

Yeah, I remember walking in on the rec chem, for soe reason I'd thought they had an opener that night so was late, but that was the highlight for me, until we started listenign to that mcbain which blew my mind yesterday. But yeah, they were real segues...I need to give it a spin again when I get home tonight. Can you up the stroudsberg show (sendspace or megaupload)?

I'm pretty sure they are real sgues too!  And yeah it was a fun show for sure. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 27, 2011, 02:13:39 PM

I remember afterwards, our friends band was playing at a bar right behind there, and it was a Sunday, so moe ended early due to a curfew, and one of the drummers and Al I think walked in, along with everyone else that'd poured out of the show, and they walked right up to the guitarist and told him to play us the hottest track you got, and saddled up at the bar for a drink. Cool cats.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 27, 2011, 02:20:29 PM

I remember afterwards, our friends band was playing at a bar right behind there, and it was a Sunday, so moe ended early due to a curfew, and one of the drummers and Al I think walked in, along with everyone else that'd poured out of the show, and they walked right up to the guitarist and told him to play us the hottest track you got, and saddled up at the bar for a drink. Cool cats.

I forgot about that! 

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 27, 2011, 02:23:32 PM

I forgot about that!

How can you forget that? It's also the infamous Byron-pulling-his-wang-out-chasing-two-girls-out-of-my-kitchen-while-I-made-pancakes-at-3am evening. Epic Sunday!

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 27, 2011, 02:30:12 PM

I forgot about that!

How can you forget that? It's also the infamous Byron-pulling-his-wang-out-chasing-two-girls-out-of-my-kitchen-while-I-made-pancakes-at-3am evening. Epic Sunday!

1)  I was not there for the second part.

2)  :smoke:

DoW

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 27, 2011, 02:30:12 PM

I forgot about that!

best part of the post.   :beers:

mistercharlie

I was wearing my moe. shirt yesterday and got a 'all right, moe.' with a thumbs up from one of the locals. I didn't know that moe. had reached the Carribean yet.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

moe. Fall Tour:

http://moe.org/tour

QuoteFall 2011
SEP 17    Telluride Blues & Brews Festival Telluride, CO

moe. on the main stage 5:30pm-6:45pm

NOV 03    La Zona Rosa Austin, TX
612 West 4th St 512-651-5033

NOV 04    Granada Theater Dallas, TX
3524 Greenville Ave 214-824-9933

NOV 05    Fitzgerald's Houston, TX
2706 White Oak Dr 713-862-3838

NOV 06    Vinyl Music Hall Pensacola, FL
2 S. Palafox Place 850-607-6758

NOV 08    Lyric Oxford Oxford, MS
1006 Van Buren Ave 866-925-3148

NOV 09    Buster's Billiards and Backroom Lexington, KY
899 Manchester St 859-368-8871

NOV 10    House of Blues Cleveland, OH
308 Euclid Ave 216.523.2583

NOV 11    9:30 Club Washington, DC
815 V St NW 202-265-0930

NOV 12    9:30 Club Washington, DC
815 V St NW 202-265-0930

NOV 13    Jefferson Theater Charlottesville, VA
110 E Main St 800-594-8499

NOV 16    Ziggy's Winston-Salem, NC
821 N. Trade St 336-682-6332

NOV 17    The Orange Peel Asheville, NC
101 Biltmore Ave 828-225-5851

NOV 18    WorkPlay SoundStage Birmingham, AL
500 23rd St South 205.879.4773

NOV 19    The Tabernacle Atlanta, GA
152 Luckie St 404-659-9022

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

DoW

just saw that a little bit ago.  not much northeast love but it makes me feel better about the portland nye rumors. 
I'd like to hit the DC shows.  holiday weekend.

PIE-GUY

It's surprising to me that these guys have never outgrown La Zona Rosa in Austin. They've been playing the same venue here for 13 years. I'm not a fan, but that fact surprises me. That is all.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

DoW

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 05, 2011, 12:36:48 PM
It's surprising to me that these guys have never outgrown La Zona Rosa in Austin. They've been playing the same venue here for 13 years. I'm not a fan, but that fact surprises me. That is all.
they've actually been playing some smaller venues lately and not selling them out.
they lose a lot of their following once they leave the northeast which is why they stay in their comfort zone a lot.

they definitely haven't grown.  I think they are happy to remain where they are and I think a lot of their following is happy about it too.

I also noticed the lack of a halloween show.  I really hope they gop back to albany for halloween. 

sophist

Goods odds I'll be at that Tabby show.  I might even hit the Asheville show as well. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

DoW

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

http://moe.org/news/new-years-shows-announced

hotel has already been booked for weeks.  going to be a blast at the state for nye