News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz on October 21, 2011, 04:21:53 PM
Quote from: tehdead on October 21, 2011, 04:17:26 PM
yeah its always on labor day weekend. I think I went 3-6 good times on that hill side
yeah, 2010 was the first year they moved it to a new spot.  it's not in Turin anymore.  it's in moe.hawk, NY.
all people do is complain about it (go figure).  it's far from perfect but it is very scenic and the two stages are very close to one another.

I've always wanted to get to sno.down. To me thats the best of both worlds.  Ride by day, show by night.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Casey Lenahan

yeah its always on labor day weekend. I think I went 3-6 good times on that hill side
yeah, 2010 was the first year they moved it to a new spot.  it's not in Turin anymore.  it's in moe.hawk, NY.
all people do is complain about it (go figure).  it's far from perfect but it is very scenic and the two stages are very close to one another.
well in Turin the side stage was really on the side of the main stage lol how much closer can you get lol

http://www.archive.org/details/moe2006-10-12

Listening to the Rec chem now, but I dunno what I was talking about with the other ones tease by r0b. but it is a sick jam/show  :music:
also prob my fav setlist 2nd set, I love FOUR!
I owe Aug $20

DoW

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 21, 2011, 04:25:51 PM

On a moe.side note, I'm currently enjoying the 05-06-2003 set II. Recreational Chemistry -> Meat. That's the whole set. Both are 45 minutes long. I definitely recommend this show.
yeah, that rec chem and the 4/17/04 rec chem are a flip flop for best ever.  (4/17 being in vegas post phish to try and top that wonderful show phish put on that night)

set 1 of that 5/6/03 show is the wormwood album in it's entirety.  cool show.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 21, 2011, 04:26:15 PM

I've always wanted to get to sno.down. To me thats the best of both worlds.  Ride by day, show by night.

we took a bike one year to moe down to ride down the hill, it never left the festival.... LOL good times, my friend got hippie fish'D first time I saw that, so funny
I owe Aug $20

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: bvaz on October 21, 2011, 04:29:53 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 21, 2011, 04:25:51 PM

On a moe.side note, I'm currently enjoying the 05-06-2003 set II. Recreational Chemistry -> Meat. That's the whole set. Both are 45 minutes long. I definitely recommend this show.
yeah, that rec chem and the 4/17/04 rec chem are a flip flop for best ever.  (4/17 being in vegas post phish to try and top that wonderful show phish put on that night)

set 1 of that 5/6/03 show is the wormwood album in it's entirety.  cool show.

I was there for that show, wormwood is the best album they've made imo
I owe Aug $20

DoW

Quote from: tehdead on October 21, 2011, 04:30:13 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 21, 2011, 04:26:15 PM

we took a bike one year to moe down to ride down the hill, it never left the festival.... LOL good times, my friend got hippie fish'D first time I saw that, so funny
still bitter I missed sno.down this past year.  stupid childish behavior by others made me not able to get one freaking day off of work.

2012 will be questionable whether they do sno.down because they are doing jam in the dam and then a europe tour.  they'll be back 2 weeks from the weekend it usually takes place.  I hope they do or else their forst US show after the supposed album release will most likely be summercamp.  that just can't happen.   :-D

Casey Lenahan

first European tour right?
I owe Aug $20

DoW

Quote from: tehdead on October 21, 2011, 04:36:31 PM
hmmm.  I want to say no, but I can't think of a year they did a "tour."  they did 2 amsterdam shows in 2007.
they did a mini japan tour last year (and played there other years.  I know that isn't europe.

Multibeast12

I just want moe to come to albany again. Was one of the best times i've had

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: bvaz on October 21, 2011, 05:00:47 PM
hmmm.  I want to say no, but I can't think of a year they did a "tour."  they did 2 amsterdam shows in 2007.
they did a mini japan tour last year (and played there other years.  I know that isn't europe.

o okay i remember the amsterdam shows, wasnt around to hear about the japan shows
I owe Aug $20

mistercharlie

Quote from: tehdead on October 21, 2011, 09:13:03 PM

o okay i remember the amsterdam shows, wasnt around to hear about the japan shows

Hell, they played Japan as far back as 2000. 09-23 & 09-24. Two of the same venues that Phish played on their Japan trip.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 22, 2011, 05:35:55 AM
Quote from: tehdead on October 21, 2011, 09:13:03 PM

Hell, they played Japan as far back as 2000. 09-23 & 09-24. Two of the same venues that Phish played on their Japan trip.
yeah, 9/22/00 as well.  I just looked and they actually have played japan in 2000, 2001, one show in 2004, 2005, 2007, one show in 2010 and 2011
they did the dominican resort thing last year
They've played in england and amsterdam but this will be their first european tour.

mistercharlie

That Recreational Chemistry on Brian's mix is pure ROCK!! I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard that one before. Just awesome.

Also the McBain > George > McBain > Lazarus is great, mainly the McBain with Allie Kral! For some reason moe. with a fiddle blows me away.

eta: I just went to the archive to grab a flac copy of that 05-26-2007 show and the only source on their seems to be different from the one you used. It has about 20 seconds missing during the McBain > George segue.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 22, 2011, 04:50:33 PM
That Recreational Chemistry on Brian's mix is pure ROCK!! I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard that one before. Just awesome.

Also the McBain > George > McBain > Lazarus is great, mainly the McBain with Allie Kral! For some reason moe. with a fiddle blows me away.

eta: I just went to the archive to grab a flac copy of that 05-26-2007 show and the only source on their seems to be different from the one you used. It has about 20 seconds missing during the McBain > George segue.
yeah, that was the only one I used a sbd for I think.

I love when allie plays with moe.  she played 32 things > macintyre range with them at moe.down in 2008 as well.

mistercharlie

Quote from: bvaz on October 22, 2011, 06:00:26 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 22, 2011, 04:50:33 PM

yeah, that was the only one I used a sbd for I think.

I love when allie plays with moe.  she played 32 things > macintyre range with them at moe.down in 2008 as well.

I'll have to add that to my queue.