News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 19, 2012, 09:49:30 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 19, 2012, 05:52:43 AM
Quote from: kellerb on June 18, 2012, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: DoW on June 18, 2012, 09:47:59 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 18, 2012, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: DoW on June 18, 2012, 09:34:35 PM
so my 4 nights of moe. turned into 1 night of moe. (on sunday nonetheless)  but can't wait for sunday.

which ribfest is that?
hater.  the negativity in this place sucks.

MMMM, Ribwich

Are you going to be hitting up Rib Fest this year? moe. and Dumpstafunk are playing Sat. Sept. 1st.
I kinda want to hit Friday night also, George Clinton is playing that night.

It is kinda wired that moe. is doing the rib fest circuit this year. They've joined the likes of REO Speedwagon and Ted Nugent.

And it keeps getting better!

I was in at ribfest...
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

kellerb

so my 4 nights of moe. turned into 1 night of moe. (on sunday nonetheless)  but can't wait for sunday.

which ribfest is that?

MMMM, Ribwich

Are you going to be hitting up Rib Fest this year? moe. and Dumpstafunk are playing Sat. Sept. 1st.

It is kinda wired that moe. is doing the rib fest circuit this year. They've joined the likes of REO Speedwagon and Ted Nugent.

September is a long time away, but I hope to make it.  Haven't seen Moe in like 3 years

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on June 19, 2012, 10:20:42 AM

which ribfest is that?

MMMM, Ribwich

September is a long time away, but I hope to make it.  Haven't seen Moe in like 3 years

I can't remember why, but I missed the show in '09 at the Murat so I haven't seen them since '06! I am stoked for this show!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

last night ended the moe./mule 4 night run.
I didn't think either set was anything great, but they ended the night with both bands and Bill Evans on saxophone.  they played Money and Spanish Moon.  definitely was cool to see Chuck and Warren owned.  I know they did this saturday as well (not sure about the other nights).
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mehead

so they're hitting The State again this year for NYE - 12/30 & 12/31
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

macaronihead

went to moe.down. saw lots of good music. moe.'s 2nd sets Friday and Saturday were fantastic and their encore Sunday night was incredible. This was my first time and I had a blast, definitely would go back there.

Undermind

Quote from: macaronihead on August 21, 2012, 08:40:25 AM
went to moe.down. saw lots of good music. moe.'s 2nd sets Friday and Saturday were fantastic and their encore Sunday night was incredible. This was my first time and I had a blast, definitely would go back there.
Sweet!  That is one fest I've always wanted to go to, but have never made.  How were some of the other bands?  Who else did you enjoy seeing?
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

macaronihead

Quote from: Undermind on August 21, 2012, 08:47:13 AM
Quote from: macaronihead on August 21, 2012, 08:40:25 AM
Sweet!  That is one fest I've always wanted to go to, but have never made.  How were some of the other bands?  Who else did you enjoy seeing?

Sorry for the SUPER late response.

The other acts I caught were...

Friday: Everyone Orchestra
Saturday: The Wood Bros, Galactic, Leroy Justice, JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound
Sunday: Timbre Coup, Umphrey's McGee

Friday was the first time the majority of our group of friends had seen each other in a LONG TIME so we lost track of time at the camp site and missed Grace Potter. Friday night and all day Saturday got the best of us and none of us had the energy to get moving in time for Aqueous that morning or  to stay up for The Bright Light Social Hour which sucks. Really wanted to catch both those bands. At least I'll see TBLSH open for UM later this fall.

I must say that Galactic, JC Brooks and Timbre Coup were the best sets next to a couple of moe.'s sets I had already mentioned. Leroy Justice's set had its moments with Al sitting in on two songs that turned into pretty big jams. UM's set started out solid then flat lined about a quarter of the way through and didn't come back to life until Stanley Jordan stepped on stage. I figured it would be a "festival set," but wow it really was. Oh well.

The layout was good, not a bad walk from the camping to the stages. The only thing that sucked was getting your stuff from your car to your site and back. THAT SUCKED. Wouldn't have been so bad if we had remembered to bring some sort of cart or something.

I highly recommend giving all these sets a listen

Timbre Coup: http://archive.org/details/TimbreCoup2012-08-12
JC Brooks: http://archive.org/details/JCBrooks2012-08-11
Leroy Justice: http://archive.org/details/LeroyJustice2012-08-11
Galactic: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=557740

Undermind

moe. just posted this on fb:
In memory and honor of Wetlands founder Larry Bloch, who passed away on Sunday, moe. is offering a free Wetlands show download beginning today at 12pm eastern and ending Monday afternoon at 12pm eastern. Link will be posted before noon.
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

mistercharlie

Quote from: Undermind on October 31, 2012, 09:13:31 AM
In memory and honor of Wetlands founder Larry Bloch, who passed away on Sunday, moe. is offering a free Wetlands show download beginning today at 12pm eastern and ending Monday afternoon at 12pm eastern. Link will be posted before noon.

Thanks for the heads up. And RIP to the Wetlands founder.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

SWEET! 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Undermind

Quote from: antelope19 on October 31, 2012, 09:21:41 AM

SWEET!

and here's the link
http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,5796/moe-mp3-flac-download-9-23-1995-Wetlands-Preserve--New-York-NY.html

DoW

if anyone is going to moe. 12/28 - 12/31, holler beforehand.

Undermind

Quote from: DoW on November 20, 2012, 09:20:29 PM
wow!  I missed that you had been posting a little on the paug lately.  Looking forward to 12/30!

DoW

Quote from: Undermind on November 20, 2012, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: DoW on November 20, 2012, 09:20:29 PM
wow!  I missed that you had been posting a little on the paug lately.  Looking forward to 12/30!
I know it's a haul but you should try and come to worcester the night dopapod opens. 
tough time of year though.  I know.