News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New England Patriots

Started by redrum, December 03, 2007, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: thechad on December 30, 2007, 12:15:53 AM
Even though they lost, the G-men (even Eli) played a helluva game.  And yes Bryant Gumble and Cris Collensworth are terrible.

Totally--that was far and away the most fun game I've watched all season. And not just b/c of the records, or the Pats winning. Had they lost, I would have gone to bed happy--it was just an awesome game.

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 30, 2007, 11:15:03 AM
Dolphins would have won more games had they been scheduled.

I'll give you that--they probably would have.

Bring on the playoffs!  :beers: for all!
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

This whole contention that "everybody did it" is so typically Red Sox nation.

Only in New England can you be caught cheating then have the media and fanbase turn you into a martyr.

You really think that if the Patriots had proof that another franchise was cheating they wouldn't turn them in to face the same penalties?

You think that Belicheck is falling on his sword, just so the NFL looks good?

Gimme' a break.

birdman

Quote from: mattstick on December 30, 2007, 11:27:32 AM

Only in New England can you be caught cheating then have the media and fanbase turn you into a martyr.

Barry Bonds?

We all know he was caught cheating. Just as we all know it didn't make one bit of difference.
Add all the asterisks you like...Most sports fans understand what the Pats have accomplished.
Paug FTMFW!

redrum

This whole contention that "everybody did it" is so typically Red Sox nation.

Gimme' a break.

the only thing "typical" is mattstick dragging redsox nation into this completely unrelated subject.

give me a break.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sls.stormyrider

someone will have to explain to me how being caught taping from the sidelines (as opposed to the stands) in the 1st game effected what happened this season.
other than motivate both the Pats and their opponents.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 30, 2007, 11:15:03 AM
Dolphins would have won more games had they been scheduled.
Win the whole thing and take yer place on the same shelf.

with a *

that means just about as much as:

_______ would have done this if _______ would have done that.

..and the more i see you post your big "*" the more i'm starting to think you're taking it personally that its not the redskins.

---

redrum

Quote from: slslbs on December 30, 2007, 12:20:30 PM
someone will have to explain to me how being caught taping from the sidelines (as opposed to the stands) in the 1st game effected what happened this season.
other than motivate both the Pats and their opponents.

look for the *, that seems to explain everything.

---

mattstick

Quote from: birdman on December 30, 2007, 12:04:20 PM

Barry Bonds?

We all know he was caught cheating. Just as we all know it didn't make one bit of difference.
Add all the asterisks you like...Most sports fans understand what the Pats have accomplished.

Everybody questions Barry Bonds' accomplishments, and rightly so.  Clearly the Patriots haven't been given the same scrutiny, except by one or two people here.

tet

well as a Giants fan, i'm proud of the way my team played.  and the fact that we put up 35 pts against them gives me confidence going into Tampa Bay next week.

that being said, i'd have been happier NOT losing our starting center & linebacker...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: birdman on December 30, 2007, 11:04:22 AM
By God, I love this team.

Here's to all the pats fans. Raise your glasses, we're toasting the best team Evar :beers:

Don't count your chickens just yet.  You're starting a new season where everyone is 0-0.  I HIGHLY doubt you'll be singing the same tune WHEN your pats lose in the playoffs.  You better hope you don't play Jax.  My $$$$ is on the jags. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

the jags to win it all??  are you kidding?  they have exactly ZERO passing game...  sorry but defense and running alone do not win championships... they are too one dimensional.

personally, if its not the pats, i say indy or the chargers.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

If you believe that they only ran cams at one game, then you probably believe that Bonds only did steroids once or twice at parties.
:roll:

Did it affect this season if they had to stop videotaping after the opener? Anyone who knows football knows that it takes several seasons to build a great football team. One might suggest that past seasons' impropriety is what put them in position to field this very talented team.

oh, and this has nothing to do with the Redskins. I think you are going there because your team has performed an indefensible action.

I keep throwing up the '*' because I have no respect for cheats. It taints the game and disrespects the fans.
You'll see it in the Bonds & Steroids threads too.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on December 30, 2007, 02:37:32 PM
heh, u said "taint" :lol:
I do my best to work it into everyday conversation.

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 30, 2007, 02:29:42 PM
If you believe that they only ran cams at one game, then you probably believe that Bonds only did steroids once or twice at parties.
:roll:

Did it affect this season if they had to stop videotaping after the opener? Anyone who knows football knows that it takes several seasons to build a great football team. One might suggest that past seasons' impropriety is what put them in position to field this very talented team.

The thing is, the Pats could of had a camera directly behind where the guy was standing, only 3 feet higher in the stands *legally*. How does taping from the field really make a difference? Other than the NFL saying "no"
Paug FTMFW!