News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New England Patriots

Started by redrum, December 03, 2007, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: rickjamesstjames on September 15, 2009, 04:11:22 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 15, 2009, 04:06:21 PM
:-)  I hope you're not offended by my comments. 

I just didn't think the Pats played all that well last night against an average Bills team.

Its all good here man.

I also think the Bills end up making the wildcard in the playoffs.

No?

The Bills played much better than I expected, but its still early to say. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Quote from: rickjamesstjames on September 15, 2009, 04:11:22 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 15, 2009, 04:06:21 PM
:-)  I hope you're not offended by my comments. 

I just didn't think the Pats played all that well last night against an average Bills team.

Its all good here man.

I also think the Bills end up making the wildcard in the playoffs.

No?

It's certainly possible, but you gotta think the odds are against them.  I mean, the AFC is stacked with talented teams.  You've got TN, JAX, Indy, Balt, Pitt, NE, San Diego, hell even the Jets looked good in their debut.  Rex Ryan has whipped that defense into shape.  The AFC is tough this year!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

winning teams know how to win, even when they get outplayed.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Casey Lenahan

the bills were so close!!!!!  :frustrated: but were used to the  :samurai: by now  :|
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

Quote from: slslbs on September 15, 2009, 04:30:30 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.  The same can be said about bad teams.  They find ways to lose.  In this case, it was Leodis McKelvin not taking a knee. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

fauxpaxfauxreal

You all do realize in your criticism of Brady that he had something like the second or third most passing yards for a quarterback in MNF history?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on September 16, 2009, 09:21:56 AM
You all do realize in your criticism of Brady that he had something like the second or third most passing yards for a quarterback in MNF history?

It was against the bills.  So accouting for that it really isn't even a top 10 performance.   :-P
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

Two words.  Plaxico Burress

:clap:

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on September 15, 2009, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: slslbs on September 15, 2009, 04:30:30 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.  The same can be said about bad teams.  They find ways to lose.  In this case, it was Leodis McKelvin not taking a knee.

That was a straight up stupid move on his part and he definatly lost his team the game.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Mr Minor

He is also on the verge of tying the record for consecutive wins when he starts the game.  He has 21, McMahon has 22.  Not a bad record to have...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Mr Minor on September 16, 2009, 10:55:40 AM

He is also on the verge of tying the record for consecutive wins when he starts the game.  He has 21, McMahon has 22.  Not a bad record to have...

I am not a Pats fan at all, but Brady deserves respect.

I thought it was seriously funny when he tried to walk out of the win on MNF without talking to the field reporter to get the "I'm going to disney world!" moment because he was so angry at himself/his team.

guyforget

uh....  not counting the SB FAIL?
-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

It's most likely a regular season record.

Mr Minor

Quote from: guyforget on September 16, 2009, 11:38:25 AM

uh....  not counting the SB FAIL?

Yeah, regular season.  Sorry.

guyforget

then, in my opinion, that record = WEAK

regular season wins dont mean shit if you cant win the big one

its like when a college team wins their conference tournament (bball or fball) and another team's fans keep saying "yeah, but we won the regular season..."

you can have the season, tournament / playoffs / super bowl is the crown. 

-AD_