News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2015, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 20, 2015, 05:13:06 PM
Pretty sure Lucas is just overlooking some of the production if anything....script was written by a Disney guy when they handed it over to them.

Umm

The script is not written by "a Disney guy"

The writers are JJ Abrams, Michael Arndt (winner of the Academy award, best screenplay go "Little Miss Sunshine"), and Lawrence (I wrote Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, and Raiders Of The Lost Ark, motherfuckers) Kasdan.

Ah I read the article wrong, the "story treatment" or first drafts of the screenplay, for the next 3 episodes is handled by the Disney chairman, Bob Iger.

emay

Got 4 seats together at Alamo Drafthouse in Denver for Friday showing comes with a free star wars complimentary glass   :beers: stoked

khalpin

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 21, 2015, 11:31:35 AM
Got 4 seats together at Alamo Drafthouse in Denver for Friday showing comes with a free star wars complimentary glass   :beers: stoked
I still have a few of these:

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 21, 2015, 10:24:27 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2015, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 20, 2015, 05:13:06 PM
Pretty sure Lucas is just overlooking some of the production if anything....script was written by a Disney guy when they handed it over to them.

Umm

The script is not written by "a Disney guy"

The writers are JJ Abrams, Michael Arndt (winner of the Academy award, best screenplay go "Little Miss Sunshine"), and Lawrence (I wrote Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, and Raiders Of The Lost Ark, motherfuckers) Kasdan.

Ah I read the article wrong, the "story treatment" or first drafts of the screenplay, for the next 3 episodes is handled by the Disney chairman, Bob Iger.

Story treatment is plot layout. That is not the same as a screenplay. It's more an outline.
This is an important distinction and not just because of union rules. The screenplay gives us the dialog, the intricacies of the plot itself...

Story is only a bit more elaborate than:

A young farm boy meets an old wise man and travels with him to fight the evil galactic empire and learn the ways of a mysterious power called "the force".

That is then handed to a screenwriter who then makes something of it.

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on October 21, 2015, 11:39:08 AM

man i remember  those . Had the Empire ones
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Bobafett

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 21, 2015, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: khalpin on October 21, 2015, 11:39:08 AM

man i remember  those . Had the Empire ones

Ha!  We still have and use return of Jedi, pac-man, and smurfs glasses!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

zimbra

Scored some tickets to the IMAX on opening night! Galactic playing the night before and one of my best friends from college is flying in, took Friday off.  Going to be a sweet weekend.  :banana:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

pcr3

I am really enjoying all of the new Star Wars-related commercials that are coming out in advance of the new movie...

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

khalpin

Buffalo Budd

Guess our PM and wife are fans, here they are heading out for Halloween this year.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

is it weird i still get turned on by that leah costume the same way it has for the last 30+ years?

VA $l!m

oh yeah, and while were posting videos, ---omg  this game is going to be a star wars kid's wet dream!~

barnesy305

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 02, 2015, 04:24:30 PM
oh yeah, and while were posting videos, ---omg  this game is going to be a star wars kid's wet dream!~

Dude, I've been pondering about buying a gaming console just to play this game.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

dig the one for the fighter squadron game mode. pretty sweet as well.