News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

etree tracker really pissing me off

Started by jedifunk, March 10, 2005, 01:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

when are they gonna get all the damn bugs worked out.  i'm sick of all the loose ends the tracker has right now.

i'm trying to DL 11-12-94 and its taking forever, as i've got no remote connections (except for the ones where i'm upping the data).  

i can't even check to see how many peeps are firewalled thru the tracker.  and the reseed issue is annoying.  wish they would put a little note on the tracker page letting people know what the problems are or tells us that they are working on them.

anyhoo, done ranting.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Thought I'd chime in with some general sympathy.
Funny how, in spite of the glaring issues that they've had over from time to time that their 'news' section on the site hasn't been updated in a year.

Quote03/04/04 - Ibiblio.org is having some problems with the mysql server. Hopefully things will settle
down soon.

Or is this still true?

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Seems that they're happy that it just works, even if not fully or quite properly...  

Ive said it many times - Id love to set up a nice tracker that logs ratios and associates them with users and etc etc etc.  But Im not in the position to do the modding to the existing sources myself since I dont fully understand everything and dont have the proper time to learn....  

But bt.etree has been pissing me off for long before this thread and will continue to do so.
-AD_

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Probably oughta make this a sticky cos it'll come up again and again and again.

I'm just gonna vent here for a moment...

That site sucks a big one.

I mean, it's a wonderful resource when it works, and the layout is tip-top, but then for an hour you find that you can't access any links there, or you find that the tracker stats are, well, simply useless and frankly...

ARRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!  :shock:  

I feel slightly better

jedifunk

yeah, i really wish they'd get things worked out over there.

i really would like the stats part to work.  that & for it to show firewalls again.  i mean its been a couple months now where it hasnt worked properly.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

i cant take it anymore!  that tracker is such a pile of fecal matter!!!

now it wont even display the number of seeders/leechers on a particular torrent.

wtf are they doing over @ etree about this?  anyone know anyone who is a big player for etree, and could give us some difinitive answers on what going on, and when we can expect to have things back to normal.  not sure how much more of this bs i can take.

oh well, guess i'll just hit the bubby, chill, and listen to some new shit i just DLed ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

wow, now the tracker is really fucked.  its showing all the torrents having 0 seeders & 0 leechers.  hopefully that means they are working on something.  otherwise, this site might be dunbar!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Do *RESEEDS* not pop up to the top of the list anymore?
-AD_

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

No Reseeds showing for a while. (tho I always hid them)

Increasingly lame their tracker is.

Read Icculus

RESEEDS haven't showed up on the top since they switched over to the new tracker. I've wanted to reseed things and done it before but no one would ever get to see it... probably wouldn't notice it buried three pages deep on the Phish pages.

So I've been seeding things again just so people can see it and get a chance to grab it. Kinda sucks, but it causes no harm.

Wish it was back to the way it used to be though, I miss the stats, firewalled detector, and reseeds a lot.