News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Justice Spring Tour '08

Started by Blaise, January 08, 2008, 10:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

03-03 Austin, TX - Stubb's Bar-B-Q *#
03-04 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom *#
03-06 Orlando, FL - The Club at Firestone *#
03-09 Baltimore, MD - Sonar *#
03-10 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory *#
03-11 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden *#^%
03-12 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club #^
03-15 Boston, MA - Paradise #^
03-16 Montreal, Quebec - Cepsum #^
03-17 Toronto, Ontario - The Docks #^
03-19 Detroit, MI - Royal Oak Music Hall #$
03-20 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre #$
03-22 Denver, CO - Ogden Theater #$
03-24 Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo #$
03-25 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore #$
03-26 Portland, OR - Roseland Theater #$
03-27 San Francisco, CA - Concourse Design Center #$
03-31 Los Angeles, CA - Mayan Theatre #$

* with DJ Mehdi
# with Fancy
^ with Busy P
% with Chromeo
$ with Diplo

August

That's gotta be the Theater @ MSG.
a

Blaise

Quote from: August on January 08, 2008, 10:36:58 AM
a

apparently it is, although it initially caused lots of confusion. Justice is getting huge though. They played for over 8k in mexico city this summer and are now booking msg. They jumped from a 1200 person venue in chicago to a place about twice the size, where beastie boys played, within six months and no new releases.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Blaise on January 08, 2008, 11:53:05 AM
a

apparently it is, although it initially caused lots of confusion. Justice is getting huge though. They played for over 8k in mexico city this summer and are now booking msg. They jumped from a 1200 person venue in chicago to a place about twice the size, where beastie boys played, within six months and no new releases.
Hrmm
Good luck to them.
You can only keep a buzz for so long without another hit.

Blaise

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 08, 2008, 12:05:46 PM
Quote from: Blaise on January 08, 2008, 11:53:05 AM
a

Hrmm
Good luck to them.
You can only keep a buzz for so long without another hit.

True dat although there first cd was a huge international success, is up for multiple gammys, and this is only their second 'major world tour'. They are also managed/release under the same management as Daft Punk(pedro winter aka busy p). Not to compare them too much but daft punks most commerically succesful material was off their first relase, homework, back in '97 and they just had one of the largest grossing tours out there (still didn't beat out the police or anything but was huge in its own right. It should be noted that until coachella 06 daft punk really hadn't done any major touring in a very very long time.

August

Blasie

Check Out the Midnight Juggernauts if you haven't already.
Same sound and total houseness./
a

Blaise

I will aug, they sound very familiar but I don;t believe I have any of their music. I also recomend Digitalism / sebastian / kavinsky / busy p / mr oizo / uffie / mylo for some electro house dirty goodness.

August

Love Mr. Oizo.
Analog worms was my band's setbreak music for an entire run.

Mylo rocks it, too.
Destroy RNR is one that Ikki turned me on to.
a

Hicks

werd, check out Linus Loves-Stage Invader on Mylo's Breastfed label, house versions of '80s classics pretty fun.

hmmm Justice and Diplo at the Roseland, might have to hit dat. . .

If you guys haven't heard the Diplo Fabriclive then you're really missing out.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Igbo

Yeah that MSG lineup looks fun as hell.

Blaise

http://www.zshare.net/download/6400116de5f697/

Justice recently rejected fabriclive mix

edit: labeled their xmas mix but it is purported to be their fabriclive mix, which was most definetly rejected.

2nd edit: that mix is pretty awful