News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

VOTE

Started by sls.stormyrider, February 05, 2008, 06:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!
I owe Aug $20

tet

i agree with Edwards the most out of all the candidates, but the reason i did not vote for him was that we need to finalize our candidate before the convention - prolonging that decision is just hurting our chances against the GOP, who have apparently picked their candidate (we'll see if that is finalized a bit more later tonite).  a split party only helps the Republicans, and while i wouldn't dare tell ANYONE who to vote for, i think people should stick with viable candidates during such a crucial time in the campaign.  
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: tet on February 05, 2008, 06:52:30 PM
i agree with Edwards the most out of all the candidates, but the reason i did not vote for him was that we need to finalize our candidate before the convention - prolonging that decision is just hurting our chances against the GOP, who have apparently picked their candidate (we'll see if that is finalized a bit more later tonite).  a split party only helps the Republicans, and while i wouldn't dare tell ANYONE who to vote for, i think people should stick with viable candidates during such a crucial time in the campaign.  

I hate to say this, but I think I'm not the only Democrat switching parties if Hillary and Barack do not do something quick to convince me that I can trust either of them.

Sadly enough, I like McCain more than either of them.

I really liked Barack a year ago, too. 

McCain might be a one termer, but I refuse to throw my vote away by not voting my conscious, and I urge everyone else to do the same.

To me, a vote for Hillary or Barack is equivalent to a vote for Bush in the 2000 election, sadly enough.

Anyways, I'm more interested in hearing who the perspective Vice Presidents are anyways.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on February 05, 2008, 06:56:12 PM

To me, a vote for Hillary or Barack is equivalent to a vote for Bush in the 2000 election, sadly enough.

Anyways, I'm more interested in hearing who the perspective Vice Presidents are anyways.
:?
Big difference.
Both Barack and Hillary have intellectual curiosity to think a problem through, get a variety of ideas, and solve it - as opposed to Bush who acts on a knee jerk response from an idealogue
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: slslbs on February 05, 2008, 07:18:29 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on February 05, 2008, 06:56:12 PM

:?
Big difference.
Both Barack and Hillary have intellectual curiosity to think a problem through, get a variety of ideas, and solve it - as opposed to Bush who acts on a knee jerk response from an idealogue

I think that the debates were evidence to the contrary.

They like to say they have intellectual curiosity to think a problem through....but they really don't.

Of course they'll look better than Bush looks, but they're essentially the same.  Ineffectual and vacuous leaders.

They both seem to want the address more than actually addressing the problems our nation faces.  In this way, they are both the same as George Bush.

rowjimmy

That's a remarkably inaccurate assessment but you are entitled to your opinion.

jephrey

Interesting thing that I just never knew is that you don't have to be registered as a D or R, you just tell them which ballot you want basically.  I got mine and made my vote.  I always listen to more talk radio during election years.  I like the opinions, everyone's got one.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

kellerb

Quote from: jephrey on February 05, 2008, 10:33:38 PM
Interesting thing that I just never knew is that you don't have to be registered as a D or R, you just tell them which ballot you want basically.  I got mine and made my vote.  I always listen to more talk radio during election years.  I like the opinions, everyone's got one.

I'm pretty sure that varies from state to state, but I'm not positive.

ytowndan

Quote from: kellerb on February 05, 2008, 11:03:54 PM

Ohio is like that, but I think your right, some states may be different.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sophist

Thats how we roll in GA
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: kellerb on February 05, 2008, 11:03:54 PM

Yea, each state decides how to do it. MA is also open
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 05, 2008, 08:46:04 PM

I'm always open to seeing evidence to the contrary.

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on February 06, 2008, 11:11:49 AM

I'll take you off ignore long enough to cite one simple example.
Obama & Clintion are capable of both extemporaneously forming a complete sentence
W cannot even spell the word 'sentence'.

I will add that I see nothing wrong with your support for Edwards but dude hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. That's why he quit.

* rowjimmy turns ignore back on for keeps.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 06, 2008, 12:19:03 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on February 06, 2008, 11:11:49 AM

I'll take you off ignore long enough to cite one simple example.
Obama & Clintion are capable of both extemporaneously forming a complete sentence
W cannot even spell the word 'sentence'.

I will add that I see nothing wrong with your support for Edwards but dude hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. That's why he quit.

* rowjimmy turns ignore back on for keeps.

Hell is awfully cold this time of year.  It has seasons too just like the Earth.  Snowballs survive there very well.