News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Allgood '08

Started by rowjimmy, February 21, 2008, 09:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

Yeah thats what Ive heard from friends and also it is held on private property, so no tough security
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

Quote from: tehdead on February 22, 2008, 08:53:50 PM
Yeah thats what Ive heard from friends and also it is held on private property, so no tough security

The only thing they really seemed to care about last year was glass bottles.  There was a MASSIVE table full of dank beers/liqour that security had pulled from cars going in.  Otherwise, these girls didn't seem too concerned:

:-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Bobafett

sweet hookah on the bus yo!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i'm not totally ruling this out, tho.
it is only 3 hours away.... and i'm sure i'll be ready to get out of town again, by then :)

plus my plans to go last year got crushed.... so you know...
i might go, i might not... we'll see.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

antelope19

Depending on how the rest of the line up shakes out, I am gonna have to think long and hard about this vs. Mountain Jam. 

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on February 25, 2008, 11:42:14 AM
Depending on how the rest of the line up shakes out, I am gonna have to think long and hard about this vs. Mountain Jam. 

where's mountain jam at, again?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

antelope19

Hunter Mountain, NY

http://www.mountainjam.com/

Similar Line up, but it might be nice to try something new.  And I'd love to see Levon Helm.

JimmyWilson

Quote from: antelope19 on February 25, 2008, 11:46:52 AM
Hunter Mountain, NY

http://www.mountainjam.com/

Similar Line up, but it might be nice to try something new.  And I'd love to see Levon Helm.

if the weather is anything like it has been the past 2 years in early June, you will definitely be wise to get a room.  crazy downpours turned the bottom of the hill into a sinkhole last year by the Mule's set on Saturday night - skies opened up again for Phil's set on Sunday night

if i were back on the East coast i'd go to allgood.  mountain jam was fun, but there were so many NY state troopers on the road leading in (as well as in the parking lot).  that & the weather would make me hesitate to go back.

plus the lineup for allgood is better, imo.  i try and avoid Ratdog and UM when i can

whyweigh5.0

my house is about 40 min from the grounds.  That being said, I will not be there :samurai:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Quote from: whyweigh2.5 on March 25, 2008, 12:57:47 AM
my house is about 40 min from the grounds.  That being said, I will not be there :samurai:

Any particular reason? 

Casey Lenahan

Talked to my Dad last night and he said that hes going to be going to Allgood, so its looking like Ill be there as well. I cant miss my dads first festi
I owe Aug $20

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: antelope19 on March 25, 2008, 01:21:24 PM
Quote from: whyweigh2.5 on March 25, 2008, 12:57:47 AM

Any particular reason? 

I wont deny that they always have a great line-up.  But I do not like the other elements of that festival.  And a line-up alone will not get me to subject myself to that
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

JimmyWilson

other elements?  please explain. its no camp bisco

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

antelope19

Yeah, seriously.  Please explain.  As I am getting older, I want nothing to do with the larger fests.  The thought of going to something like Bonnaroo pains me at this point.  This is the perfect size, the perfect location for me, the perfect amount of security and a solid line up year in, year out.  It truly is an Adult Playground.  So much fun.  Plus you don't get the terrible bands like Metallica for Gods sake.  Or the fans that would come out to see them for that matter.  My $.02  And besides, a festival/show is what you make of it.