News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Allgood '08

Started by rowjimmy, February 21, 2008, 09:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Second Round of Artists Just announced!

Mike Gordon
Dark Star Orchestra
The Avett Brothers
SOJA
Perpetual Groove
Scrapomatic

Nice!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

whyweigh5.0

security doesn't do much at all at this festival.  If you are going, prepare to lock up all your shit all the time and be wary of pretty much everyone around.  Lots of nitrous will be everywhere... large group of philly kids who go just to sell nitrous.  Lots of sketchballs.  Last time I went I saw some guy pimping out his girlfriend so he could get money for his H fix.  Someone I was with mentioned it to one of the security guards and he said it wasnt his problem :?

also that year someone was stabbed and another was pistol whipped
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Igbo

Quote from: whyweigh2.5 on March 26, 2008, 02:20:50 PM
security doesn't do much at all at this festival.  If you are going, prepare to lock up all your shit all the time and be wary of pretty much everyone around.  Lots of nitrous will be everywhere... large group of philly kids who go just to sell nitrous.  Lots of sketchballs.  Last time I went I saw some guy pimping out his girlfriend so he could get money for his H fix.  Someone I was with mentioned it to one of the security guards and he said it wasnt his problem :?

also that year someone was stabbed and another was pistol whipped

That's Allbad

antelope19

yikes.  Def. not the experience I had.  I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough time.  

whyweigh5.0

I also went right after I had surgery done on my knee.  I was in a wheelchair and there was no disabled/handicapped camping.  I was put in the family camping because it was close.  But there was no way we could get my wheelchair around in the rough terrain and mud.  They just didnt think about how to take care of people when they set the place up.  We ditched my wheelchair and I had to go on crutches all weekend.  And its not easy on crutches in 2-3 inches of mud everywhere.  Finally I asked a staff person if I could take a shortcut behind the stage to get to the stage area since it was right by my camp, that way I wouldnt have to go up this big hill that was all mud to get there.  he said it was fine so I did that until one of the higher-ups saw me and chewed me out... wtf!  oh, and it was walther's wife, go fig
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

danje

Quote from: antelope19 on March 26, 2008, 12:24:57 PM
Second Round of Artists Just announced!

Mike Gordon
Dark Star Orchestra
The Avett Brothers
SOJA
Perpetual Groove
Scrapomatic

Nice!

Good news! Now I'm just waiting for Lotus to jump on board.

redrum

Quote from: whyweigh2.5 on March 26, 2008, 02:20:50 PM
Last time I went I saw some guy pimping out his girlfriend so he could get money for his H fix. 

did you hook him up???!    :-D
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: whyweigh2.5 on March 26, 2008, 04:02:09 PM
I also went right after I had surgery done on my knee.  I was in a wheelchair and there was no disabled/handicapped camping.  I was put in the family camping because it was close.  But there was no way we could get my wheelchair around in the rough terrain and mud.  They just didnt think about how to take care of people when they set the place up.  We ditched my wheelchair and I had to go on crutches all weekend.  And its not easy on crutches in 2-3 inches of mud everywhere.  Finally I asked a staff person if I could take a shortcut behind the stage to get to the stage area since it was right by my camp, that way I wouldnt have to go up this big hill that was all mud to get there.  he said it was fine so I did that until one of the higher-ups saw me and chewed me out... wtf!  oh, and it was walther's wife, go fig
Weird. Jen (now Junipa) has always been cool to me and mine.

mixmasterob

thinking about getting my ticket today.  just a quick question, about how far is it from the parking lot and the camping area? 

antelope19

It's kind of a hike, but alot depends on where you decide to camp.  It was far enough to where I loaded myself the first run to limit the # of trips as much as possible.  Basically, I was jealous of the people smart enough to bring one of these:

At the same time, it wasn't terrible.

antelope19

They just added "The Join" which is 2 guys from the new Deal: Jamie Shields (Keys) & Darren Shearer (Drums) and the Benevento/Russo Duo as one band.  That sounds like something I could enjoy.   :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on April 08, 2008, 01:18:20 PM
They just added "The Join" which is 2 guys from the new Deal: Jamie Shields (Keys) & Darren Shearer (Drums) and the Benevento/Russo Duo as one band.  That sounds like something I could enjoy.   :-D

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/new-deal-drummer-likes-sciuntzology/

antelope19

Interesting and thanks for sharing RJ.  I'm no scientologist, but I still think I'd enjoy this combination of musicians. 

rowjimmy

I'm not saying you won't...
Hell, you might just meet Tom Cruise!

antelope19

More Artist Additions:

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Lettuce
JJ Grey and Mofro
All Mighty Senators
Eric Lindell
Rev. Peytons Big Damn Band
Danielia Cotton

Some nice additions to the line up thus far.