News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NEW STAR WARS MOVIE ANNOUNCED!

Started by jedifunk, February 27, 2008, 07:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

along with an animated feature film, there will be AT LEAST 30 new TV episodes!

shit is off the fucking hook!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 27, 2008, 10:43:00 PM
You mean this one?
http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=7993.msg148314#msg148314
:-P

sort of... except that no its OFFICIAL... straight from LucasArts... before it was just a rumor...

and not much talk of a movie, as much as more TV episodes
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

That was no rumor. The article referenced a statement from Lucas himself and discussed the TV show.

anyway. I'm excited.

blatboom

I've learned to reserve my exitement in things concerning George Lucas  :|

jedifunk

well, its official now... in any case, they are also having a little video clip everyday about the new series up on starwars.com
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

FUTURE generations will never need to establish a George Lucas museum, because George Lucas has already built one for himself. On either side of the Golden Gate Bridge he has constructed himself two temples where "Star Wars" is made and worshiped: at his Skywalker Ranch in Marin County and his newer office complex, the Letterman Digital Arts Center at the Presidio, he has gathered all manner of relics honoring his six-film saga, from the imposing (life-size replicas of the villains Darth Vader and Boba Fett) to the self-congratulatory (a Yoda fountain) to the self-deprecating (a carbonite block encasing the much loathed Jar Jar Binks).

Like religious shrines, these buildings both consecrate and confine the man for whom they were built.

Using the freedom and the fortune he has amassed largely on the astronomical success of "Star Wars," Mr. Lucas has accumulated unparalleled creative resources; his next film could be anything from a sweeping epic to one of the intimate personal narratives he has often said he would like to make. Instead his next two ventures will be "Star Wars" projects, no less ambitious than his previous films yet potentially less commercial. And they come at a time when even the "Star Wars" faithful wonder if Mr. Lucas's continued mining of this fantasy world has anything more to yield.

Read On:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/movies/29itzk.htm

jedifunk

nice read...

and i don't care what anyone says... if he puts out 50 more star wars related movies/tv shows/podcasts/audiobooks/video games.... i'm totally there for all of them.

and i wish i was as rich as him and could do whatever i wanted
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Bobafett

that shit does look really tight.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

blatboom

You guys really think so?  It just looks like weird animation and more lame dialog to me.  Have you heard Yoda talk yet?  Just my initial thoughts, I'll reserve full judgement until I see it.  But GL has really been letting some people down with the stuff he's been putting out lately.

rowjimmy

The previous Clone Wars cartoon was entirely awesome.

I expect as much from this.

jedifunk

agreed... the clone wars stuff is really good
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio