News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

not getting green smilies anymore :(

Started by jedifunk, March 16, 2005, 02:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

anyone else having problems?  i would check to see if i'm somehow behind a firewall, but etree's site hasnt fixed that yet.

for the last couple of days, i've only been getting yellow faces.

anyone know of any mac apps that you can get firewall status from?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

come on, anyone?  jephrey, you got any suggestions?  its really starting to bother me!  help!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I don't know if I mentioned that I have gone back to Azureus after trying BoW for a while.  I have not had the yellow smiles lately myself, but when you get the description of a yellow smile it says you may have a NAT problem...  I had this for a while through my ISP and they went in and turned off NAT.  later on, I experienced NAT problems in FTP apps and they informed me that it had been turned back on...  Whenever it got turned back on, I didn't notice because Azureus was still giving me the green.  So basically, cycling NAT helped me out.  A quick search turned up this

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/PortForwarding

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

not that anyone cares, but i solved my firewall issues.

i wont get into details but i'm back to 500K downloads!

woohoo!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio