News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

definitely the majority of our ground troops...
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

mattstick

http://www.supertouchart.com/2008/11/13/newspolitikssmithsonian-in-talks-to-acquire-shepard-fairey-obama-portrait/

If the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION has its way, a giant fine art version of SHEPARD FAIREY's iconic portrait of the now-president elect BARACK OBAMA will enter the collection of its NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY as the first official fine art rendering of the future president. The only hitch? Money. The $75,000 price tag for the piece, which was created by Fairey as the centerpiece of his "Manifest Hope" Obama art show that took place in Denver during this year's DNC, must be raised through donations, though word on the street is that the museum is close to meeting this figure. As if having a street artist with a criminal record branding a presidential campaign weren't enough, this move can definitely be filed under the headers of "Hope," and "Progress."

mattstick

mattstick

Trifecta!

I love this one, as seen on the streets of Chicago

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: mattstick on November 14, 2008, 10:07:57 AM
Trifecta!

I love this one, as seen on the streets of Chicago

we saw this that night after leaving grant park...
as well as the one i posted of obama spinning a b-ball and a law book...

good stuffs around town right now :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on November 13, 2008, 10:07:01 PM

http://www.supertouchart.com/2008/11/13/newspolitikssmithsonian-in-talks-to-acquire-shepard-fairey-obama-portrait/

If the SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION has its way, a giant fine art version of SHEPARD FAIREY's iconic portrait of the now-president elect BARACK OBAMA will enter the collection of its NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY as the first official fine art rendering of the future president. The only hitch? Money. The $75,000 price tag for the piece, which was created by Fairey as the centerpiece of his "Manifest Hope" Obama art show that took place in Denver during this year's DNC, must be raised through donations, though word on the street is that the museum is close to meeting this figure. As if having a street artist with a criminal record branding a presidential campaign weren't enough, this move can definitely be filed under the headers of "Hope," and "Progress."

75K actually seems cheap given the historic nature of the piece.  I could see it being worth 7 figures some day. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Well if you live in LA and want your very own...

Shepard Fairey has a few more signed copies of his large "Hope" Obama thin paper offset to get rid of, so they are holding a special release this weekend at Subliminal Projects in LA.  Copies will be $50, and the doors open Saturday, November 16 at 12pm PST (though I expect people will be lined up well before then).  The prints can be purchased by credit card only, and if you already scored one through Obey Giant, they will not sell you one.  Subliminal Projects is located at 1331 W. Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles.  For more info, visit SubliminalProjects.com.

StCarl

Quote from: StCarl on October 20, 2008, 03:12:34 PM
U.S. House of Representatives nut-job Michele Bachmann (R) of Minnesota's 6th District tries to help McCain and their team get the job done but instead blows up the internets with "Obama is Anti-American" nonsense on Hardball and her opponent Elwyn Tinklenberg (D) receives over $600,000 in the next day and a half.

That chick is nuts.  She says crazy stuff all the time.  Like recently, how there is no wildlife in the ANWR, and about how liberals' global warming fanaticism about saving the planet is unnecessary because someone already saved the planet 2000 years ago.  She's also kind of racist, if you ask me.  Point being, she's said some pretty over-the-top stuff before.  This was probably just like any other interview for her; too bad for her people paid attention this time.

Quote from: Former Secretary of State Colin Powell...we've got a congress[woman] from Minnesota who's going around saying, 'Let's examine all congressmen to see who is pro-America and whose not pro-America.' We've got to stop this kind of nonsense and pull ourselves together...

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 20, 2008, 04:18:27 PM
people like that are scary   :-o

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2008, 11:27:28 PM
Yep.
She probably believes that we don't need to save the world because the rapture is a'coming.

We call this "bat-shit crazy".

Quote from: Declan on October 21, 2008, 01:18:20 AM
jedi, you elect this bitch?

how did she get into congress?

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 21, 2008, 09:52:22 AM
A lot of Americans are, in fact, bat-shit crazy.

Well, she's still bat-shit crazy.  And, without any help from myself (or, I doubt, jedi), this bitch is back in congress.  What's she up to now?  For one thing, she wants on to the Committee on Ways & Means, due to her increased cred and public image points she scored during the campaign (she doesn't get how bad it was - remember, she's crazy).  And the other night, she showcased her disconnection with reality with some delusions on the above subject on FOXNews.  I didn't watch it or anything, but here's an excerpt from today's Minneapolis StarTribune:

QuoteRep. Michele Bachmann, appearing Tuesday night on Fox News' show with Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes, dismissed as an "urban legend" reports that she had suggested on a preelection cable show with MSNBC's Chris Matthews that then-Sen. Barack Obama and other members of Congress may be "anti-American" and that the media should investigate them as such.
Bachmann suggested, as she has before, that she was baited and trapped by the media, which created an "urban legend" about what she says she really said.

"What I said was, 'Do your job,'" Bachmann said. "That's what I said."

Anyway.  Bitch is nuts. 
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

bluecaravan521

^^ Nice Obama artwork!

And yeah, Michele Bachmann is crazy.  "Bachmann Pathology Overdrive"  :lol:

Digging through some old video archives, found this video:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=46832&altf=Spx&altl=Kjnnz

It appears as though RowJimmy started his bid earlier than he has led us to believe...  :-o
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

antelope19

Waaazzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppp.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

we've seen palin being interviewed in front of a bunch of turkeys being slaughtered, right?

....but, have you seen the newly leaked outtakes?!?

StCarl

StCarl

:clap:

I know, I'm sure it's a cigarette, too.

:wink:

Obama: The College Years photos at Time.com