News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Poster Nutbag

^^^That is funny!! very funny...  :clap:
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

kellerb

its weird to hear sophist & mcgrupp talk about the economy

guyforget

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on January 04, 2011, 08:37:29 PM
^^^That is funny!! very funny...  :clap:

it is funny.  until you realize that its not funny at all.  until you realize that there is nothing that you can do about it but throw your hands (or dollar bills) in the air laugh, and it becomes funny again. 

Quote from: kellerb on January 04, 2011, 09:40:17 PM
its weird to hear sophist & mcgrupp talk about the economy

this, this was funny.
-AD_

antelope19

Quote from: sophist on September 11, 2010, 06:57:11 PM

::tapes butthole shut::

Is this what you're referring to, Keller?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

Quote from: antelope19 on January 05, 2011, 12:52:23 PM
Quote from: sophist on September 11, 2010, 06:57:11 PM

::tapes butthole shut::

Is this what you're referring to, Keller?

No, I think that has to do with glowsticks

Superfreakie

Quantitative easing is an insane gamble.

IMO, the present state of the American economy is due in large part to decades of personal spending which has been disproportionate with real incomes, thanks in large part to credit cards and lax lending regulations. The economy has slowed because these said individuals have finally begun, through fear, to pay down their debt as well as save. While this bodes well for the future, it will naturally suppress the economy in the present. Unfortunately, this is all happening at a time when many countries' slowly educating populations, those that used to produce little plastic trinkets, come on line to offer complex labor at lower wages than that which can be offered in the west. It also goes without saying, that these countries are not over extended with military flights of fancy or tremendously burdened by defense expenditures. Batten down the hatches and welcome the perfect storm.     
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

gah

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 05, 2011, 09:32:43 PM
Quantitative easing is an insane gamble.

IMO, the present state of the American economy is due in large part to decades of personal spending which has been disproportionate with real incomes, thanks in large part to credit cards and lax lending regulations. The economy has slowed because these said individuals have finally begun, through fear, to pay down their debt as well as save. While this bodes well for the future, it will naturally suppress the economy in the present. Unfortunately, this is all happening at a time when many countries' slowly educating populations, those that used to produce little plastic trinkets, come on line to offer complex labor at lower wages than that which can be offered in the west. It also goes without saying, that these countries are not over extended with military flights of fancy or tremendously burdened by defense expenditures. Batten down the hatches and welcome the perfect storm.     

Solid assessment there, as usual, from our Canadian counterpart.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Perhaps the thing that impresses me most about the Daily Show is how great they are at using pure logic, as opposed to bluster and hyperbole, to such ruthless and withering effect. To wit:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-27-2011/bill-o-reilly-defends-his-nazi-analogies

(Sorry, not sure this one's embeddable.)
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Cost of at-risk programs vs. cost of tax breaks for rish assholes vs. cost of a war...
See here for an explanation of the first two columns: http://goo.gl/VRYVT
(click to enbiggen)