News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

All my copies of those are the 2006 LP/CD versions or BN75. They're all upgradeable for me.

I've been getting a few titles a month from Vinyl Me, Please and I'm super happy with their AAA reissues.  The curation/record club aspect is fun - something to look forward too.

I have Aretha Now and Phrenology coming this month...

Hicks

Dang, should have grabbed the Trane.

Sounds like I should get at least one or two of these. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on January 30, 2020, 09:59:08 PM
All my copies of those are the 2006 LP/CD versions or BN75. They're all upgradeable for me.

I've been getting a few titles a month from Vinyl Me, Please and I'm super happy with their AAA reissues.  The curation/record club aspect is fun - something to look forward too.

I have Aretha Now and Phrenology coming this month...

I've got that VMP Aretha, it sounds and looks amazing.

I really want Phrenology, but VMP has been having so many issues lately that I didn't want to gamble on it. I had a Black Pumas record that I pre-ordered from them in September not come at all and I got an email in December saying that they oversold it and I wasn't going to get a copy. Then after researching I find out that they have been shipping multiple copies to a single person and completely missing other orders. One person got 25 copies of a single record, that only had 100 pressed. Their warehouse/shipping center is a huge mess right now.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Nov/Dec was rough for VMP but things are back on track.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on January 31, 2020, 05:35:33 AM
Nov/Dec was rough for VMP but things are back on track.

That's good to hear. Maybe I'll give them another chance, because I really do want Phrenology.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Do you have Aretha "I've Never Loved A Man" which was Essentials in January, or have you already received "Aretha Now" the Classics release for Feb?

mattstick

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on January 31, 2020, 12:35:26 PM

Do you have Aretha "I've Never Loved A Man" which was Essentials in January, or have you already received "Aretha Now" the Classics release for Feb?

I got the "I've Never Loved A Man", but I think it was either the November or December Essentials, because after the Black Pumas debacle in December I cancelled my sub.

mattstick

Right, I only subscribe to Classics so it's tough to keep track.

I really don't like the stereo mix of Aretha Now that I've streamed on Prime Music - some weird production decisions there - I'm hoping the mono mix on this upcoming reissue is more pleasing.

Caravan2001

mattstick

The VMP Stax Anthology is incredible btw

mattstick

Just picked up a Pro-Ject Tube Box S for a pretty cheap price ($185 shipped), anyone else use tubes in their phono stage?

jam>

I have an old Fisher tube amp with a nice phono stage built in – so yes. It's got that warm tube sound. I dig it.

mattstick

How often do you replace the tubes, and do you have a good source for replacements?

jam>

I just got it 5 months ago, so I don't know. At some point, when something breaks or sounds off, I'm going to get it serviced by this guy, who lives down the street from me: https://www.blackiepagano.com/